Sunday, January 24, 2016

3.0 The one with all the dust

Achoo! Holy crap, have you seen how much dust is on this?
I know, okay? I know. Just do me a favour and get it off this legacy. I finally want to get started again, and for that it’s necessary to remove all the dust.
But why me? Just because I am the stupid heir? First you change my clothes and steal this awesome dress from me, just after I had gotten used to it, and now you make me your cleaning lady. I don’t get why everybody wants to be heir to a legacy – so far it sucks.
It won’t suck for much longer, I promise. But you’re the only one I can boss around – eh, I mean, the only one I can ask to do stuff for me. Besides, you want your life to get started, too, right?
Do you have to ask? I’ve been waiting for this for months and months. Hence the dust.  Can we please do something about this awful dress you gave me as a replacement? The colour is terribly bland and doesn’t flatter my skin at all. It makes me look like I am sick.
Yeah, that’s what yellow dresses do to pale people. Tell me about it. Alright, how’s this?


MUCH better. See, this is a colour that suits me! And I believe it’s not that different from my initial dress which got lost when you moved us to your new computer and uninstalled some custom content. This one’s fine, too. Now…we need to do something about our house! It hasn’t been remodelled in years, and it just doesn’t feel like my home. I rule it now, after all.
Is the dust gone?
*casually fetches wind machine* *turns it on* Yup, gone!
Okay then. I’m going to rearrange the rooms, particularly the furniture. Say when.


Wait, this is perfect! Do I get the bedroom on the ground floor?
No, honey, we have to save that for your parents. They can’t be bothered to climb up the ladder whenever they want to go to bed. …did you notice how I said “ladder” and not “stairs”? Check this out.


Thanks to installing Island Paradise, I can now provide you with an epic ladder. What a nice way to work out in the morning. Also, it takes away less space than regular stairs. How do you like it?


Are you sure this is a good idea? Ladders can be dangerous. Have you ever seen “Christmas Vacation”? Do you remember what happened to the father when he climbs up the l…Aaah, I’m falling down! My life flashes before my eyes!
You’re not even on the first rung.  And of course I remember, I have watched that movie about 4000 times. But you’re not him, and I don’t think it’s possible for a sim to actually fall down the stairs. Unless they’re clumsy, maybe. So don’t worry.
But what if I’m clumsy? You don’t know that.
Oh, I know. You’re a bit insane at times, as well as a slob. No one can resist you or your green thumb, even if you act like a rebel sometimes. But there’s no clumsiness in you, I promise.
Okay then. So I’m safe?
You’re safe. Okay?
Okay.

Author's Notes: After what seems like an eternity, Willow is back! She already mentioned that I transferred my save games from my old, broken, laptop to my new one and got rid of some CC in the process. I am happy with the new clothes I found for her, though. This was just supposed to be a quick transitioning chapter, before the action gets started in the next chapter. Thanks for sticking around so long! :) 

9 comments:

  1. (Wow. THAT was weird. I received a report from Google that they'd fixed the bugs with comments from WordPress IDs, but now it seems to be worse....)

    Original comment:

    The Stars are back! I'm so excited to see Willow. Her dress at the top was awesome, especially the tights. I can't wait to see what trouble she gets into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! :) I love Willow's look, particularly because it's quite different from how I usually dress my characters. But since Willow herself is far from the ordinary, this seemed appropriate :D

      I'm sorry you had difficulties writing something on here :-/ What happened? Did it just not send your original message?

      Delete
    2. It's not you. It's an issue with Blogspot. It's not handling comments from WordPress.com accounts under some circumstances. This is actually why I moved my blog to WordPress :(.

      Willow is such a unique sim, and she should have a unique look. Fabulous.

      Delete
    3. Meh, that really sucks. I'm still thinking of moving, too, but my research showed me that I would have to pay for the second page on a private domain, and I don't think I want to do that. I still could transfer the blog to a regular wordpress-domain, but right now I don't have the time to deal with that... :-/ Also, Blogger is not being too mean right now when it comes to posting. Fingers crossed that I can hold on to this for some more weeks, even though I am not amused that these comment bugs still exist :-/

      Delete
    4. You don't have to self-host a wordpress blog. You can create them at Wordpress.com, just the same as you do at blogspot.com.

      But I'm not necessarily pushing you to move. I have other ways to comment :).

      Delete
  2. How fun! I love the idea of using ladders to save space. I'm sure she'll have much better luck with it than Griswald.

    Also, I'm a little jealous about the new computer! I keep saving for one so I can finally play again, but then other things come up like kid orthodontics or car repairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the ladder and instantly thought that this was something any house full of idiots would approve of ;) and it DOES save a lot of space! Those regular stairs always take up half a room...

      Yeah, well, that is the advantage of having to pay for my stuff only. ;) And since my car is 20 years old, but still alive and kicking *knocks on wood* and I have a higher income than what I pay for rent, gas, food and work supplies, I end up being able to spend it on fun things...^^ it won't stay like this forever, though, which is why I appreciate that I get the chance now. :D

      Delete
    2. Definitely enjoy it! Being responsible for other humans has its benefits, but I do miss disposable income! The husband has been promising me a new computer for Christmas the last 2 years, and he has yet to deliver!

      Delete