Sunday, October 13, 2013

2.4 Love is in the air...maybe.


Good morning, sunshine! What are you thinking about?
There was something I had been supposed to do yesterday. Something that prevented me from starving, and also from eating that disgusting cereal again. Food shopping! Dammit! I will not eat the cereal again. I will not eat the cereal again. *walks off while whispering this*


*gulp* I’m fine, found some yoghurt in the fridge! It had some green stuff on it, which I think looked nice, but I still scratched it off. I don’t like fuzzy stuff on my food. And it doesn’t taste that bad, to be honest! Really! Um, would you mind moving a bit over? I might have to go to the bathr...*jumps off his chair and runs to the bathroom, covering his mouth with one hand*


Thank God I have colleagues who are on a diet – I could eat their breakfast at work, because they had forgotten about their meal plans when preparing the food at home. I feel good, lalalalalalala. Hey, I could head over to the gallery again, maybe Molly is there! We could talk about pictures some more.
Yes, OR you could try to find some of the lovely sim women I invited to live in Twinbrook. They are really pretty, believe me! :)
Where should I go? 


The search was not very successful. The ladies had decided to hide somewhere, apparently. Boooo! When I got tired, I went over to the park to unwind a little. Maybe find some easter eggs.
It’s…kind of…summer. No easter eggs around, sorry.
There’s no joy left in life.


Anyway, while I was in the park, without looking for easter eggs, I spotted her across the street. Well, Amhranai spotted her, but I’m the MIP here, so it should have been me who found her.
MIP?
Most important person.
Of course.


I immediately ran over to introduce myself to the lovely Poison Ivy Chimeree, who looked slightly different than in the pictures I had seen before. I guess that’s what you call “Amhranai is trying to be creative”.
Will you stop that?! I swear, I will make you fall in love with the ugliest, meanest, oldest woman in the entire town if you keep referring to my non-existing artistic skills.  


Shhh, Poison Ivy heard you! Look, now you confused her. *to Poison Ivy*: It’s okay, she’s harmless.
So it wasn’t just me? That voice actually exists? Thank God.


You see, for a minute I thought I was going crazy. Hearing voices is never a good sign, and if you’re not officially an insane sim, you really have a problem.
No, that’s just my…um…well…she tells…stuff.
Your stuffteller? Why didn’t you tell me that before? I love those! *waves* Hi, stuffteller!
*sighs and waves back* Oh, that’s right, she can’t see me. Hi!


*shouts* WHAT? Did you say something? It’s so loud over here, I got in the middle of a protest about stylists! Or is it hairdryers? Hairdryers are awesome! Hey, maybe I should form a sub-protest!
Okay, you do that. I need to get home, it’s almost midnight and I have to work tomorrow morning.
Alrighty! Why don’t you come over after work tomorrow? I live on that empty property right across yours. Somebody put us there, without building a house first. My friend Seona already moved out.
Aha, that’s why she wasn’t on the property when I came to check on you guys a few hours ago. Thanks for letting me know.


You are a little odd, Poison Ivy. But I like the colors you dress in, and you seem to be an interesting sim. So yes, I will visit you tomorrow after work – promise! 


The next day, after work, I ran over to her place. To her empty property, that is. But… I don’t know what happened, but nobody is here!
That’s not true, look – I see feet on the top left corner of the screen! Why don’t you run over and check who’s there?


Hi, Sky!
You set me up with a ghost AND start rhyming? That’s too much to take for my poor heart.
I’m not setting you up, just introducing you to new sims. Just talk to her, she’s nice. And you heard of her before, remember? That legacy I’m always reading and tell you about when we’re not playing or writing your story?
Ooooh! *runs fingers through hair and stands straight* Hi there, I’m Alfie. I’m a living sim, work at the hospital, am interested in good art, pretty women and…uh… *starts stuttering*
You don’t have to be nervous around me just because I’m a ghost! Technically, I’m only a half-ghost. You know, like not really a ghost. But since we’re formally introducing us right now, here’s my story: I’m Sky, some sort of ghost, don’t have a job yet, am interested in many things, pretty women and…uh… *also starts stuttering* also men. Sometimes. Pretty ones. Uh… Could we switch the subject?


Sure, that didn’t go very well for the both of us. Hey, could you help me with an experiment? Just tell me what you see on this picture.
I see… a cross. And…a sun. Does that mean you will suffer, but will be very happy about it?
Sky, have you looked over my shoulder when I re-read Harry Potter? Oo


Harry who? Okay, next picture.
*gasps* I see…the Grim!
Oh, come on.
Don’t mind me standing around, I’ll just google how long it will take until somebody dies. You know the Grim is an omen of death.
Oh, COME ON!


Oh my God! Somebody will die within the next hours, if it hasn’t happened yet! *drops phone in shock* Oh, no. My phone’s broken! :(
Well, maybe it was the phone that had to die. You’re good then. *shakes head* you read too much, kids.


You’re probably right about that…sorry I scared you, Alfie! May I call you Alfie? Here, some flowers for you, in the color of your uniform.
Oh, wow! Nobody has ever given me flowers before!
Well, not in this life! 
Okay, I’m out of here. Poison Ivy is more interesting than me, anyway. *swipes tear from face*
Awww, poor baby.
   

So, do you really think somebody is going to die now?
Didn’t you listen? The danger is over! Are you stupid or something?
OMG, Poison Ivy, you can’t just run around and ask people whether they’re stupid. *facepalm*
You’re funny, I like that. And I would love to spend more time with you, but tomorrow’s Thursday or something, maybe Friday, and I still have to work early to earn that promotion. Then I will get rid of this uniform. Finally! It looks horrible on me! It probably would look good on you, though. Considering your build...
Uh…bye then.
Alfie, we will have to work on some pick-up lines, I’m afraid. Tomorrow.


Author's notes: So many new people in Alfie's life! :) Sky is from Susan's amazing Samples, and I got Poison Ivy (and Seona, who has not appeared yet) from the Chimeree Rainbowcy (and changed them a little bit in appearance). We will see what happens now! ;)
I had the picture with Alfie receiving flowers in his youth inserted into the text, but Blogger didn't like that, for some reason. It's in chapter 1.18.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Afie really needs to work on his pickup lines ... then again, he's so adorable, how can anyone refuse him? I love the Chimerees and I like your take on Poison Ivy. I really hope she's the one :)

    SKY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Sorry, I somehow forgot to reply... :( ) Well, he's not that experiencd with women yet, which (in combination with his great traits) results in awkward conversations. I really hope for him that he finds out how to treat women nicely :D

      Poison Ivy sure is a great character. I haven't managed to read through the entire Chimeree Rainbowcy, but I'm planning to. Right now, there are many great women in Alfie's life - but as long as he doesn't even know who is right for him, I can't tell, either. We'll see. :D

      Delete