Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1.13 Family Time




Having two children around now gave Kate and Dustin a little more time on their hands. During the mornings the boys went to school, while Kate was out of the house as well. Dustin took care of Lynn in that period of time, but always seemed glad to have Kate back in the afternoon. Despite this being his fifth child, he still showed some insecurities when it came to toddlers. Kate, however, was annoyed by how much Dustin seemed to need her. She just wanted to relax after work, watch some TV or play computer games.


This meant that the boys inevitably had to take care of themselves most of the time. Unlike their father, they knew about the benefits of fresh food and consumed it regularly. Thank God.


Or sometimes they didn’t. Alfie, I just told them about your great eating habits! What are you doing?! :(
*sips* huh, what? Yeah, this is…just freshly pressed lemon…orange juice, from the superm…the local farmers market?
Thanks for trying to save it, but I don’t think they’re convinced.


It’s bonding time! On the weekends the boys usually played together, which was really cute. If only they wore their everyday clothes to play in the sandbox, and not their pajamas… I tell you, that is going to hurt at night, with all the sand in your bed…


The “busy” parents then realized that maybe they should spend some more time with their children, so they all headed to the park. The spring festival was on, and they claimed to have attractions for everybody – from toddler to senior. That was a perfect description of our little family, which is why they went there straight after lunch. Uh…Kate, what are you doing?
Did you realize it’s my birthday today?
Yep, I know that. Of course I know that. Why?
I’m going to be oooooooold… my life is almost over and I’m not even close to fulfilling my LTW!
You’re not going to be old, just a real adult. And fyi: you don’t have to fulfill your LTW, if you really don’t want to. Well, let’s check. You want to master guitar and painting, and so far you have…oh. Oh wells.


While Kate was panicking, everybody else actually was having a good time. Dustin threw some horse-shoes…


Brian had a look at this weird little machine that told you whether you and your partner were destined to stay together…


…and Lynn played with the toys she brought to the park.


Apparently, Kate’s panic attack was over rather quickly, and she proceeded to talk to some people. This one is Mara Alvarez, if I remember correctly, pretty much Sunset Valley’s first fairy. (Okay, maybe I was worried about the low number of supernatural creatures, so I put some new families into town)


Fries? Seriously? I can never tell them about healthy food again. Please don’t do that. Please.


Do I really want to know what that is?
I’m not too sure myself. It looks a little like chicken, and a little like fries, but it tastes like feet.


And then the best part of the day: simultaneous dancing <3 Gosh, is that cute.
Yeehaw!
Uh, Kate… this is not line-dance. Just saying. But go ahead, you look great.


Well, the dancers attracted some more people to the floor, and soon it was a bunch of people having a lot of fun, and getting to know each other at the same time. I still can’t get over how cute Alfie looks when dancing.


What? Why did we have to stop?


Because it’s your moms’s birthday and you’re all supposed to watch and celebrate! Be happy with her! *whispers* and don’t mention wrinkles or being old, she’s allergic to that
I can’t watch… she will be so old…
Hush!


Huh, is that a wrinkle on my hand? Oh my Gosh, I’m ooooooold!
Lynn, help me out here! Major crisis!
Fooooood! I need fooooooooooood!
Good girl.


Author's notes: So yeah, Kate is already an adult now, and SO far from reaching her LTW... fortunately, she doesn't have to fulfil it, does she? Somehow the guitar and easel are not her favorite items in the world. Pity.

4 comments:

  1. This was so adorable! Your idiots were far more interesting at the festival than mine ever are. Of course, it might help if I ever got them there before dusk :-p.

    Kate's just now becoming Adult? I didn't realize Dustin was so much older than she was. She's going to be a young window. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that going to the festivals during daytime is supposed to make interactions with other sims, or objects, easier... ;)

      Yep, she just aged up. But don't worry - from where I stand, gamewise, Dustin is NEVER going to die...

      Delete
  2. Everyone had such a nice time at the festival! Good idiots!

    I didn't realize that there was such an age difference between Kate and Dustin, either! I hope he holds out until the kids are all teens or older... it would be pretty stressful for her to keep up with so many people on her own!

    Alfie is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would suck! Especially since Dustin's LTW is to raise five kids to teenagers - the ones from his first marriage are already grown, it's now up to these three to make his LTW come true... ;)

      Delete