Wednesday, July 3, 2013

1.14 Costume day and other stuff



The day had been a complete success. Although they had gotten home a little late from the festival, nobody really felt like going to sleep anytime soon. Brian borrowed some toys from her younger sister, of course after he had asked, and played for a few hours, before his eyelids finally got heavy.  The others felt similarly, which is why the lights didn’t go out until the middle of the night.


The next day started obviously after only a few hours of sleep, but for a few people that had been enough. While Alfie crawled out of the bed, woken up by his complaining stomach, his parents were already busy making out on the couch. Really, guys? In front of the children?
Why not? My bunnyhoney is so cute with his grey hair…
Pleeease let me leave the room first, okay? Thanks. See you later.


After Kate had run off to work, Dustin actually took some time to look after Lynn. Her birthday was approaching and she was far from having learned all three skills. Despite having the “family orientated” trait (I think?), he didn’t bother to start teaching her one. Now THAT was going to be fun…
Why should I do all the work? I’m old and fragile.
Hahaha. You’re old, yes. But you’re not fragile, really not.


Home from school, both boys entered the house carefully. They hadn’t had a chance to escape their parents’ smothering session this morning, which is why they were prepared to cross the living room with their eyes closed. But since Kate wasn’t home yet, they were safe.
Yuck, did you see that, bro?
I did… did you HEAR that? So disgusting!!
Hell yeah… gross!


To add to the appropriateness of behavior Kate and Dustin showed, she brought Lynn to the cake in her bikini, which still showed more than it hid. Kate, don’t you think you should change your clothes? You’re a mother, for God’s sake…
So? I read of a grandmother running around in her house stark naked! So I’m good!
Where did you read that?
On your blogroll.
Touché.


Aaaaaaanyway, everybody was thrilled about Lynn’s birthday! No more toddlers in the house – the little ones were growing up so fast. Kate and Dustin were also glad those days were over.
I’m so excited! Sososososo excited!


Somehow I had pictured you differently. Girlier.
Well, this is what I want to wear. And I love this hairstyle – it hides my eyes, even when I’m having a bad day. No stupid questions like “why do you look so sad?”
Whoa, where is that attitude coming from?
I just think that life won’t always be easy with two older brothers at hand.
Quite the contrary, I think it will be pretty awesome! I’m envying you, honestly.


Apparently, Kate also had imagined her daughter to grow up differently than she actually did.
So, mom… will you read me a bedtime story today? I’m so excited, because tomorrow is my first day of school… I don’t think I can sleep on my own.
*doesn’t even look up from book* huh….what? Uh…no. Don’t really feel like it. Good night, hon.


She later had time to read Brian a bedtime story, though. Talking about favorites again!!
What? The book matches our hair. We have the same hair, that means he really is a part of me.
Well, sure… but the other kids are also a part of you! Just because Alfie and Lynn look different… I don’t really understand you.
You don’t have to.


Yeah, and because that’s fair, Brian fell asleep after a few minutes of reading. Whenever Dustin reads something, the kids stay wide awake. WHY IS THAT?
I am just the best!
What exactly happened to your character? I barely know you any more…


What now? You actually read her a story?
Yeah, you were right… she is my daughter, too. And I have to accept that.
Good girl. Although I’m still confused how the kids only fall asleep when you read to them….


Just a picture to show what a great photographer I am… aaaand moving on.


Dustin felt like he had to fill Brian in on his relatives. The girl he is talking about is his granddaughter. I think it’s Katelyn’s daughter. Or Parker’s. Sorry, I lost track. Both have a few kids by now.


Adoooorableness! Wait, who is that? Lynn, is that you?


Had to be, because the boys were busy in the kitchen. Alfie ate his super-healthy pancakes (with apples!), while Brian tried to finish his homework. You have at least 20 minutes until the bus arrives – good timing, buddy!
Look who’s talking! Aren’t you the one who usually does all of her work last minute?
That’s different. I’m a grown-up…mostly.


Today was costume day… after school, Alfie changed into something that probably was supposed to be a prince costume. And then he proceeded to play in the sand, getting the costume all dirty. Is that necessary? You could have worn your everyday clothes, those are easier to wash…
Don’t tell me you ever washed any of our clothes!
Huh. Damnit, that kid’s smart.
I know. And I’m creative, too! If you come back in an hour, I will have built the greatest sandcastle you have ever seen. Promise!
Okay, I want to see that… wait, did you just say that to get rid of me?
Nooooo, I wouldn’t dare! See you, byyyyyye!
Well, in dubio pro reo. We’ll leave now, and come back in a little bit to check on you.
Alrighty, byyyyyyyyyyye now!
Why do I feel like he kicked us out?


4 comments:

  1. "So? I read of a grandmother running around in her house stark naked! So I’m good!"

    BWAHAHAHA!

    Are you letting the idiots dress themselves? That didn't seem like it was the most flattering hairstyle for poor Lynn.

    I think I like Kate's hair long. It seems like most of her outfits have it long....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thad just HAD to be in there... I had read your post a few hours earlier and the thought of Jin still amused me when writing this. So it fitted in perfectly. :D

      Yes, I'm trying to let them dress themselves. Sometimes, when they wear these terrible "muscle shirts", I just have to react to that, but most of the time they choose what they wear. I actually got used to Lynn's look after a while - she's not really much of a girly-girl for some time.

      I have to admit that, since Kate was the only grown-up woman I played for some time, I had to try every new hairstyle I downloaded or found on her^^ that's why she keeps having new hairstyles. Unfortunately, I didn't think of the styles for the other occasions, which is why they are still long...damn.

      Delete
  2. I love the Jin shout-out!

    Kate is a good mom, even if she does play favorites and dress inappropriately. I'm sure she and Dustin will be very happy to be out of the toddler stage!

    Costumes are fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly confide in her motherly skills, too. If only she would put on a liiiittle more clothes and stop making out with Dustin in front of the kids^^

      Delete