Wednesday, December 25, 2013

2.11 Susie


Hey, guys. It’s me, Ivy. You know who I am, right? Good. My lovely husband tells most of our story, but I also wanted to have a say every now and then. It’s not like he has a lot of free time left for you, anyway, since he takes care of our daughter Willow a lot. This is really great for me, because I’m not very good at taking responsibility or working hard in general. I’m always in for games or some fun, though! We won’t get out of life alive, so we might as well enjoy it.  Take playing chess, for instance: it’s a lot of fun, and you keep your brain cells busy at the same time. Even when you’re playing against yourself.



It’s not so much fun if you lose, though. During my latest match my cell phone rang. It was my sister Seona, who invited me to visit her and her wife Sky in their new home. Of course, I accepted right away. Seeing how the newly-weds lived was much more fun than losing this game. Again. 



When I arrived, Seona opened the door and let me inside. The furniture matched Sky’s clothes, but apart from that there weren’t many things to say about this house. It was old and kind of shabby. It didn’t look like they were really happy there, either. 



When I pointed to a spider on the ceiling, right above the door – and at the same time stepped away from said door –, Sky looked up, only to tell me that this was Susie, their pet. Susie had been there since the day they moved in, and they had made peace with her. Delightful. I decided to return to my husband and daughter right away. Being here was not fun.



At home, I immediately went to check on Willow, who was playing with this ugly doll again. It was heart-warming to see her this happy. We had provided her a good home, with everything a girl could need. Including tons of toys.



Of course, those toys were not for kids only.



Unfortunately, I couldn’t play for very long, before my eyes got drawn to Willow again. I just couldn’t stop looking at her, smiling and laughing. Whenever Alfie told me how much he was in love with our daughter, I looked into his bright eyes, sparkling and kind of smiling, and thought about how lucky we actually were. We had each other, and we had a perfect daughter. Life couldn’t get any better.



As long as nobody tried to hurt us, we were going to be perfectly fine and have a lot of fun together. My husband, my daughter and I. Huh. When I moved to this town, I most certainly didn’t expect this to happen.



But it was happening, and right in front of me. I was bearing a charmed life and I was so grateful for it. Enough of the emotional talk, though.
Hey, Ivy, where are you? I have something I want to tell you, and you’re gonna love it!
Be right there, babe! Okay, guys, I gotta go. See you soon. 


Author's notes: Willow-picture spaaaaaaaaaaam <3 I'm sorry, I can't help myself. ;) I'm now caught up with my writing, so I'll go off and play some more. Finally.
Additional note: I just realized I had to explain how Ivy gets to leave her home, being an idiot and everything. She was invited by Seona and since I was dying to see her and Sky living together, I decided to accept the invitation. Since she can't go there on her own, I helped her, using her free action. She went home by herself.

4 comments:

  1. Aww Ivy is adorable too. I love her zest for life and all its joys ... I can imagine her getting more excited over the prospect of playing with Willow's Christmas presents than Willow herself!

    Oh, and the spider? I'd have been out of there also! Creepy, scary things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is special that way... I somehow always miss to have an actual snowflake / Christmas party, which is too bad, because those would probably give me tons of hilarious pictures.

      Spiders are possibly the worst animals on earth! I hate them passionately, and once spent half an hour ( 6 a.m. to 6.30) in my bathroom, spraying a very big one with hair spray, trying to make her dizzy, and then continued to smash her with the biggest fly flap we had around. Not to forget that I was literally screaming the entire time. I hatehatehate spiders.

      Delete
  2. Woot! Sky likes girls in your game too, huh? She looked really cute. Seona didn't look too happy, though. I hope she wasn't mad at Sky :).

    Willow really is adorable. Her toddler face is distinctive, yet very cute!

    I have a pretty lenient set of rules because I love to watch my idiots in new environments. Party invitations are pop ups, so I let myself click "Attend Party." Dates are also pop ups, so I let myself click those too. The results are pretty funny, which is of course the point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and she immediately fell for Seona. Both are lovely sims, and I somehow regret putting them in the game already, since now any potential heir(s) won't get in touch with them, because they will be too old by then. Damn.

      You're right about that, actually. Not letting them go to a party sucks, just because it would involve directly telling them what to do. There are plenty of things that can happen at that party while I'm watching!

      Too bad you didn't get the spider's name reference :P :P Maybe it would help if I added that it probably was an orangey spider. ;)

      Delete