Saturday, December 28, 2013

2.13 Halloween!


Even though our little Willow was acting tough most of the time, she was not as grown-up as she wanted to be. One night, when I was checking in on her, I watched her searching for monsters under her bed. It’s not like vampires or trolls would be under there. Duh. They wouldn’t fit. You can totally tell my daughter is a little insane. Not in a bad way, though. Just in a …way. The only thing that would under a bed is a gnome. Or some small monsters we’ve never heard about before. Uh-oh. Let me check our beds before going to sleep tonight.



In daylight, she was an entirely different person. There sure were some difficult moments, but most of the time she was a real sweetheart – she helped cleaning the house and even emptied the potty she had used. That came as a surprise, since I had considered her rather messy.



She was also really curious about everything that was going on in the world, and spent lots of time on my telescope. It was great to watch, but I kind of needed to use it for work. Anyway, it’s not like work was important, compared to my daughter.



I noticed myself thinking about Willow most of the time, much more than about Xander. I guess that’s because I hadn’t really gotten to know to him yet. He was my only son, though, so I tried and spent more time with him. He was a charming little boy, almost never cried and only puked on me one single time.



Time for Halloween! Willow wanted to dress up as a skeleton, but since it was too cold to go without clothes, she just painted her face and dressed in appropriate colors. [a/n: I LOVE those trousers!!] Wasn’t that smart? 



I was kind of out of ideas, so I dressed as a policeman. Maybe I would go out later tonight, and threaten a few parking offenders. Unfortunately, there weren’t many of those in Twinbrook. Most people knew how to park.



Ivy was even worse, she stole my uniform from the hospital, which had been cleaned the day ago, and dressed as a doctor. How boring was that?! Some guests were more creative. Sky, Ivy’s sister-in-law, came as a mermaid. Now that was a real costume!



Oh. Molly also dressed as a mermaid, and even wore the exact same colors as Sky. I have to say, she looked great in that shell bra and that skirt-thing, not wearing anything else. Maybe, if things had turned out differently, we would be together and living in this house. If she hadn’t broken my heart like this. No, those thoughts are wrong. I am happy with the way my life turned out. 



Sky looked happy when I told her I liked her costume. Very happy. Too happy, one might assume, because she conjured lovely roses out of nowhere and gave them to me.



I was in shock. Why had the roses lost their color? What had happened to them? I couldn’t even look at them with being sad, so I had to reject them. Sky looked disappointed, while some women we most certainly had not invited, and who was dressed up as a slutty maid, gave her a look, as to say that she knew this was going to happen.


 

Apart from this, the party was a huge success. Everybody danced, even Willow stayed on the dancefloor, and had a good time. (You could definitely tell that there was only one costume shop in town, though.)


So, apart from an almost-kidnapping, which turned out to be a misunderstanding (I hope!), this was the perfect Halloween night.



At some point, Willow changed into her princess costume and then fell asleep on the kitchen table. A clear sign that it was time to end the party. I wanted to put her into bed, but I couldn’t get her out of the chair without waking her up, so I just let her there for a moment. Apparently, she had a dream about school, because she raised her arm a few times and mumbled something. My smart little girl.

5 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh and laugh. I love Alf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is one of the greatest characters I have ever dealt with :D

      Delete
  2. This post was so much fun :)

    Willow is just as adorable as her daddy. Talking about Alf, I find it hilarious that even the not-so-straight ladies can't stop themselves falling for him. He's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how that always happens to him, but every woman in town seems to have a crush on him. Fascinating. Even Sky. If he responded to every flirt the way the women want him to, he probably would be a father to 20 children now. ^^ (I have to admit, he IS damn cute.)

      Delete
  3. add the link to the cc that you used for the costomes

    ReplyDelete