Thursday, May 1, 2014

2.17 Of presents and people's presence less pleasant than presents


After a long time of not doing anything regarding science, Alfie re-discovered the science machine sitting right in the lobby.
Hey, how did this get here? Didn’t it stand outside the house? I have been looking for it there all the time.
I think, at some point I had put it outside, yes. But it’s been inside for a couple of months now. And right behind your entrance door, too! How could you have missed it all this time? This family sure is crazy.


And Willow sure inherited all of that craziness. Do you really think it’s a good idea to play chess outside in the snow at 7 a.m.?
Well, my dad does it all the time, doesn’t he?!
Good point. 


Ivy, however, persuaded Willow to get up from this chair that would probably turn her into an ice-sculpture anytime soon, just in order to lounge a discussion about something really irrelevant. I’m just glad the snow is not almost up to their knees, otherwise I would worry about them freezing.


The snow must have frozen Willow’s brain cells, though, because she then went inside and clean the house. “Why?” one might ask. She’s a slob, after all. But for some reason, it was not appropriate for her younger siblings to leave all their toys on the floor. I am in awe. Willow is actually acting mature.
What’s the matter with you? I almost tripped over this wooden sheep – and I wouldn’t want to hurt a small sheep whose only right to exist is to enjoy children. It can’t do that if one if its little wooden hooves is broken. It would never be the same, and all of its wooden friends would make fun of him.



While I am fascinated with the train of thoughts Willow has, Xander found a way to keep himself occupied, too.
The sink will be flooding the kitchen in 10….9…8…


Xander, why didn’t you put away your toys? I almost hurt your damn sheep!
Sorry, sis. I was busy and then forgot all about it. Thank you for doing that for me.
Typical. Kids always forget everything.
Spoken like a true adult.


…and then he went on and on about how he always forgets to tidy up his room. Seriously, dad, this boy is messier than I am. That’s technically impossible, he’s not a slob!
I will talk to him, my dear, but not tonight. It’s Christmas, remember?
Oh, yeah! Presents! That’s why you were on the phone earlier, right? Pretending to be working on your science machine, but you were actually inviting some people over. Yay, presents!
I would say that she sounds like a child here, but I am usually excited about presents, too. :D


You can totally tell who is insane and who isn’t, by the choice of clothes. The dress code was formal, by the way. And yes, I said that TO YOU, Willow.
Sorry, I am too busy not listening to this woman I have never seen before in my life. Who is she, and why is she talking to me?
I have no idea, your dad handled the invitations.


He also invited Molly, his first love here in Twinbrook. Remember her? I’m not sure it was such a good idea to invite her, as it might bring back all the emotions from back then. She made herself right at home, and even cleaned the kitchen. Thank you, but why? 


Best not to think about it.
Come on, everybody, gather around! It’s time to open the presents!
I admit I have never celebrated Christmas with my sims before, and therefore was not familiar with the entire procedure. This resulted in me missing several sims opening their presents.


Everybody in this house knew, how it worked, though, and assembled round the ugly carpet holding all the presents. And I just want to state that I don’t know half of the people in this picture. Anyway, present time!


And of course some people had to misbehave.
Your present sucks, Willow. That’s because you suck, too!
Hey, Seona, back off! It’s Christmas, why are you being mean to your niece? Just because you’re having trouble with your wife, Sky (who refused to attend to the party), doesn’t mean you can treat your family this way.


Youuuuuuuu suck. Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu suck.
I don’t believe this! Thankfully, Willow recovered from the initial shock and was able to defend herself rather well, since her father, standing right next to her, did NOTHING.
I just think she is old enough to settle her own problems.
Oh really. 



Based on the look on his face, Willow said a really mean word here. I don’t blame her, though – her aunt’s behavior is simply unacceptable. Go Willow! 



Later that night, she recapped what had happened. On the couch, in a swimsuit. What else.
Seona is a b-
WILLOW! I admire you standing up to your aunt, but I don’t approve of cursing on this blog.
But you use “damn” all the time, why can’t I say bi-
STOP! “Damn” is not considered cursing, at least not for me. However, what you are about to say definitely is. Please refrain from saying it. I get that you’re mad.
I’m not mad, I’m pissed as hell.
That’s better. What a nice way to end this chapter.

Author's notes: I spent an entire day playing with the Stars (literally an entire day, at least 5 or 6 hours!), which is why I have to catch up on quite a lot now. I really want to be done by the 11th, because I'll be gone after that and don't want you guys or the Sims to be hanging on for four weeks. Maybe I'll get there. Hopefully. :D

4 comments:

  1. Where are you going for four weeks again?

    The title of this chapter made me laugh. And Willow is cleaning as a Slob? I have never seen that happen!

    The party was a brilliant ISBI moment. I really like the gift party animations. It's also a good way to get expensive stuff for nothing :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia :D :D :D

      I have never, in the five years playing TS3, seen a slob cleaning autonomously. And she is doing it all the time! Mostly it includes making the beds and putting away all the toys, but still. Fascinating. Really fascinating.

      Yeah, you're right - Alfie and Ivy both got expensive lamps (not very pretty, though), and the kids got nice stuff, too. Except Willow, although I forgot what she got. A rock or something.)

      Delete
  2. When are you off Down Under? I bet you're so excited!

    Willow is fast becoming one of my favourites. She's certainly not afraid to stand up for herself! I also found it amusing that she's autonomously cleaning as a Slob. Maybe it's part of her insane charm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaving next Monday, and yeah, I'm very excited. Also stressed out, because I just started working on my master thesis (60 pages) and that's a lot of stuff to do. In addition, I realized how much there is to take care of until the 12th! I'm not sure I will get everything done in time :D

      Willow sure is an interesting factor. You may be right about her insanity influencing her behaviour this way. I haven't thought about that yet!

      Delete