Tuesday, June 25, 2013

1.10 Third Time Lucky

 
Listen, amhranai, Brian keeps babbling about how he loves both Kate and me. I’m flattered, but it sounds like he wants to convince me of that in case I don’t know yet. Do you know what’s going on there? 
Who, me? No, I don’t know a thing. *whispers* And hopefully you won’t know, either. 
Well, if you come across something, please let me know. I love my two, soon three, children so much and I wouldn’t want them to worry about issues that aren’t even there! 
Sure, I’ll tell you as soon as I hear something.
 


Isn’t he just the cutest little toddler you have ever seen? The way he laughs when I tickle him, the way he smiles at me when I wake him up in the morning, the way he looks when he is asleep…
I get it, he’s cute. 
Exactly!! He is so.....cute!



For quite some time I thought Dustin liked Brian best, but he took good care of Alf, too. Apparently, he really loved both children equally, while Kate clearly favorites Brian. Shortly before his birthday, she managed to teach him all three skills there are to learn. Hooray, that means choosing a trait…unless I randomize it. Difficult decision.
 


A decision that had to be put aside, because Kate surprisingly went into labor!
Surprisingly? I have been in pain for hours and hours, so it was no surprise for me!
Well, you didn’t tell me anything. How was I supposed to know? Anyway, focus on giving birth now, please.
Will you let me go to the hospital for our fourth child, please??!
FOURTH? Nonono. Three and that’s it. I will keep you from getting pregnant again, no matter what it takes. Three children will be tough enough, considering you’re the only one who can officially take care of them…
Oh, crap. Pain, so much pain… Ooooooh, here we go! It’s a…
 


Girl!!! <3
Well, you wanted one… Say hello to little Lynn.
Hi, Lynn! *speaks in higher pitch than before* Hiiiii, it’s Mommy! How are you? Are you okay? Are you feeling too warm or too cold? Are you hungry? Are you sleepy?
Kate, give that baby a break, it has just been born… Besides, she won’t be able to tell you anyhow if something was wrong. Do you remember that they don’t learn how to talk before they’re toddlers?
I guess you’re right… but she looks happy anyhow. She is sooooo pretty – she is perfect! This is going to be my favourite child.
Really? What about your two sons that are both having a birthday tomorrow night?
You know how I meant that… of course I love all of them. It’s just… this is a girl. I can brush her hair and buy her dresses and…
Ah, the clichés.
 


That night, Kate and Dustin both slept very well. They felt their family was complete now.



The next morning was a grey one, but it didn’t matter. Somehow, peace had come over the family and all the unspoken problems there had been. These five people were going to stick together, no matter what.
 


Then it was double-birthday time. First up was Brian, who wasn’t feeling too well that night. He was scared of growing up, of having to go to school the next day and of responsibilities. This is why he clinged to Kate as they approached the cake the size of his entire body.
 


Make a wish, Brian!
I did! I did!
 


If I close my eyes, will all of this go away?
No, I don’t think so. Come on, be brave – being a child is fun!
Alright. Well, here we go!
 


*smiles* I look cool, don't I?!
Totally! He grew up pretty well! Yet, there was hardly any time to celebrate this small miracle, because it was time for Alf to grow up as well! Ready, Alfie?
Don’t call me that! That’s childish!
Uh…..
Amhranai, just a question. Didn’t you say they can’t talk before they are toddlers?
Kate, shut up. Okaaaaaay, let’s go! *sparkling all over the screen*
 


Squeeeeeee! He is ADORABLE! Even though he got Dustin’s hair (I think?), this is one of the cutest toddlers I have ever seen. Honestly.
 


While Brian fell asleep in his brand-new bedroom with the blanket matching the walls, Kate and Dustin got to talking, before it was time to go to sleep as well. They were lucky and they knew it. And there was nothing in the entire world that could separate them now.


Author's Notes: Three children...yikes. This is probably the most this family can handle, even though Dustin takes care of the little ones better than I thought! In my head, all of them were already taken away by the social workers..but so far, that hasn't happened. Fingers crossed! ;)
As soon as I saw Alf(ie) as a toddler, I was in love with him. That hat suits him incredibly well and makes him look sooo cute <3 I have to admit that I CAN'T remember his third trait right now. Did I even tell you about the first two ones? I think it was Good and...well, something else. Sorry :-/ Next time I start the game, I will instantly look it up!! Along with Lynn's traits - it's just been too long since I played these parts... 

Make sure to regularly check out my new legacy "Sweet as Honey", which you can find here!

8 comments:

  1. Alf really is super cute! It's so nice to see a little update on everyone!

    I'm glad that they finally got their little girl. The thought of more than 3 kids makes me twitchy. Too many people! Especially in an ISBI. (Not that I think Susan is crazy or anything...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I agree with you, not thinking that Susan is crazy :P three children really is enough, when you are actually able & allowed to take care of them actively. If Kate had to handle FOUR children...no way. Besides, there are no mothers-in-law in my household, so it would be all down to Kate and Dustin..

      Delete
    2. True, not all of us are lucky enough to have Jin around to do most of the child care!

      Delete
  2. Jin's been put to work, that's for sure! The last two kids weren't too bad, actually. It was the twins that nearly killed Allison.

    Hooray for Lynn! And hooray for an update :). Alfie is pretty cute. I liked the bit about Brian's cake being the size of his entire body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has bothered me for a long time now - how on earth can sims eat pieces of cake that are THIS huge? Especially children?! It felt appropriate to mention it in this post ;)

      Oh, my... I have played a little ahead and just had the last teen birthday. It's going to get reeeally interesting!

      Delete
    2. Oh, wow! That means you're almost ready to move to the next generation! Are you going to hold a poll or choose the heir yourself?

      Delete
    3. Well...One of the birthdays made me pretty much decide on who is going to be heir. Maybe I will change my mind, though - then there will definitely be a poll!! I'll let you know in a couple of chapters! :)

      Delete