Sunday, June 2, 2013

1.9 Do all good things come to an end?




Talking about the family working out – it seemed like Dustin would have to take care of the kids a little more in the nearer future. When I woke up, I felt incredibly sick and had to run to the bathroom before breakfast. Had I eaten something wrong? 


Can’t imagine how that could have happened. Either way, I decided to cook something new for breakfast. Everybody likes (fresh) pancakes!


After breakfast, I had some playtime with Alf, our newborn son. His sweet little face looked so innocent and friendly, but I could already tell that there was some mischief dying to come out! But as long as it didn’t show directly, I was going to be fine. The thought worried me a little, though – I even started shivering. Or was that because our roof was not snow-proof yet?

 
Since the snow reached me anyway, I decided to paint a little outside the house. Somehow I was in a very nurturing mood, so I painted a cloud with big, beautiful eyes watching over the earth. I hadn’t felt this way for quite some time…
I wonder what could have happened to your body to make you feel that way. *sighs and buys a new crib*
Why did you do that? Brian and Alf both have their own crib, remember? In the room that DOESN’T HAVE A ROOF YET.
Will you stop screaming?!
Sorry, I don’t know what came over me. Lately, I am so emotional and….ooooh, wait a second!
Seems like she figured it out.
Oooooh, amhranai, I’m pregnant again! Ohmygoshiwillhaveathirdchildwhatshouldido!
Okay, first of all: I knew that already. And apart from that: stay calm, you will be fine. Dustin is still there and even if he acts a little immature at times, you guys will take care of a third child well. But no more children after that, please! I’m not sure my nerves could handle a fourth.
Deal! ….amhranai?
…yes?
I really want a baby girl this time.
Let’s go and buy some watermelons tomorrow.


Apparently, realizing her pregnancy woke new maternal instincts in Kate and the next day she started teaching Brian how to walk. If only she would do those sessions INSIDE the house… that would be so much easier…
Weren’t you the one who once said that learning how to drive in the snow is the best thing that could happened to you, because then you know how to do it when you’re on your own?
Well…yeah, but I was talking about driving and not walking when you are doing your first steps. Besides, the snow literally is up to his nose once he sits down. I don’t want him to get cold.
Naaah, he will be fine! Won’t you, Brian?
M-m-m-m-momm-mm-mm-mmy-y-y, I’m fr-fr-fr-eeeeeez-i-n-n-ng-g-g.
I think he said he’s fine! :)
*sighs*


See? Snow all over him. I’m just glad children can’t officially get a cold. You have to be older for that.
ATCHOO!
…a grown-up , for example. Bless you.


Aaah, now the game has realized the pregnancy as well. And Brian uses the first chance to get inside while his mommy is distracted^^


We then proceeded with our training session inside, thank God.
Look, I can walk! I can walk!


Every day Brian grew up a little more. One day he learned how to walk, the next he learned how to play the metallophone. And how to eat wood. I’m so proud of him!


Look, he in fact IS a virtuoso – one day he will fill great concert halls with his music!
Could we get him past elementary school first, please?


Now it was time to make sure the new baby was a girl, so Kate put on some warm clothes and went to the local supermarket, past a enthusiastic gnome in her garden.


Stand to attention!
You look like a mixture between a clown and a snowman. I can’t take you seriously, sorry…
You dare talking to me like that? Give me twenty push-ups, right here, right now!
Uh…no?!
Well, it was worth a try. Have a nice day.


Back at home, after a successful trip to the supermarket, Kate cooked her family some fresh waffles, which Dustin greedily ate. I’m just happy he switched to non-stale food most of the time.


That was goooooooooood.


Sometimes, at night, Kate started feeling the pressure coming on to her. Two children, and a third one to come, in fact WAS a lot, especially when her husband couldn’t be controlled at all times to make sure the kids were okay.
It felt like somebody was choking me! I couldn’t breathe and totally panicked. But then I thought that with my looks, I could find another man any time. Someone to actually help me take care of them. Of course, I love Dustin and I hope we can work things out! I’m just..scared.
I know, honey. But like I told you, you are going to be fine. You really are.


You’re probably right. I feel much better now! :)


Nevertheless, it seemed like Kate had subconsciously her doubts and worries to her children – every time Brian passed his dad, he gave him this weird look that could mean anything. But what did it actually mean? Only time could tell.


Author's notes: And we're officially back in the game! :) Once I started writing again, so many pictures and thoughts were just DYING to get out, so I started with a rather short chapter. A number of those are to come now! :)
The kids are slowly growing and most of the time being adorable, while Dustin stays as weird as he is. And Kate, of course, is the best mother you could possibly imagine.... ;) Unless she keeps training her kids in the snow, which is something I don't find amusing. We'll see how they handle their third child. 
Thanks for staying with me/us! :)

9 comments:

  1. Hooray! When I read the title, I was ready for you to sign off and end the legacy. I'm so happy that you're going to continue!

    I loved the bit with snow coming through the roof and skilling Brian in his diaper knee-deep in snow! That's amazing parenting, I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no way I'm ending my legacy this early...! :) Although I was not really interested in writing for a while, I still love the Stars and want to go on telling you guys all about their life. And I want to keep on playing - although I should wait a little for that, since I have at least 1000 pictures that want to be online first. At least I'm still in Generation 1 :D

      I have to admit that I forgot to build them a roof on the extension of the house first. Embarassing, I know. I didn't notice until it was suddenly snowing inside... but apparently the family loves the snow, no matter where it is! Poor Brian. I'm so glad toddlers can't get sick.^^

      Delete
    2. Oh, so there really wasn't a roof there! Ha! Not that a roof will keep you from snow animations on the inside of the house.

      I know just what you mean about not feeling like posting. I played so far ahead with the Samples and didn't want to post at all, and I was starting to be afraid I wouldn't be able to get into the story back where I left it. But your teaser post really lit a fire under me, and I'm really enjoying posting again. I might be halfway through the backlog at this point. It goes fast when you feel like posting.

      Delete
    3. Nope, I really forgot to put one there... :D

      Yay, you already did another chapter - I'll be off to read it in a few minutes! As soon as you get back into the story, it's really easy to post and write regularly, like you said. Right now, I can't wait to write another chapter - maybe I'll even start today. I'm glad that you were somewhat motivated by the interlude! :) At that time, I felt like getting back to writing, but wasn't ready for an entire post. So that was just a little note to say "Hey, I'm still alive!" (although you knew that via Facebook ;) ). Writing a new chapter has seriously been on EVERY To Do List I wrote since February. On every single one, yet I didn't do it. (Just like I didn't keep track with my book review blog, and now I have to write about 30 reviews...^^)

      Delete
    4. I'm with Susan, I was totally worried that the title meant the end of the story! Given that it's an ISBI, they all could have just up and died. (Look at my first chapter!) I'm so glad that the writing is treating you better!

      Delete
    5. That really made me laugh :D But I guess you're wright. Sorry about worrying you both - nothing has happened, we're all alive and kicking. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love that it was snowing in the nursery, very ISBI! And the picture of Brian trying to escape being taught to walk in the snow cracked me up.

    So glad that you're back to the story and enjoying it again! I can't wait to see if they get a girl this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean, very much like ME.... :D In a previous game, I forgot to put a roof on the entire house, which resulted in everybody having a bad sunburn after two days. I THOUGHT I am more careful now :D

      Delete
    2. You know, maybe I'm not so sorry that I don't have Seasons yet... I'm terrible at remembering roofs and floors!

      Delete