Wednesday, August 28, 2013

1.17 It's getting hot in here


How dare you get sick on a school morning? You are NOT going to miss school, young lady!
But Dad…. *sniff* I feel really awful! My nose is swollen, my eyelids are heavy and I can’t taste anything.
I said no. You will go to school, and you will take notes, and you will do your homework when you get home. AFTER THAT you may be sick.
But…but…but…
Whoa, what is going on here, guys? Dustin, what’s happening?
Nothing, we’re done here.
*sniff* I have to go to school :(
Dustin, why don’t you cut her some slack? She does look sick.
No way, she is not skipping school. I don’t care what she says.
Jeez, since when are you so anti-daughter?
I’m not, I just don’t think leaving her at home will teach her anything. She’s still behind her brothers.
Yeah, that’s because she is way younger than them. Ever thought about that?
Oh.
Yes. So next time, before you start shouting at your child for no apparent reason, think for a moment, will you?! See you later, I’m checking on Kate now.

 

Kate, you’re taking an aptitude test? You’re not going to college.
But I COULD. If I had the time, and the money, and if you let me.
That’s three “if”s. Go to work now. I’ll see you later.


After school, Alfie decided to visit Dustin’s ex-wife and his two grown kids. There, he drove everyone nuts by telling them about the pool-story Brian had seen on the internet. Great, those news are spreading like wildfire. 


He also had an encounter with a weird, short man. Sorry, but that doesn’t look healthy.


Tadaaaa! I’m a miracle!
You were a graphic failure, to be precise. Well, other than that, Alfie’s visit was not very spectacular. He talked to the people on the picture, did his homework and then went home again. 


I think Lynn is trying to suck up to her dad by eating disgusting food, just like him. 


Brian, however, prefers his mom these days. May have something to do with the boring day at home, while the others were having fun at the pool (or at least some of them).


Is there something on the wall? *desperately tries to turn screen* *doesn’t work* gnaaaah! :(


Why did you visit your relatives without telling me first?
I…well…but…I just… :(
Everybody is so tense these days… I have no idea why.


It doesn’t surprise me that the house is really clean at the moment… the kids are trying everything to make their parents calm down again… 


Dad, I’m not going to miss any school today, that’s what I’m saying! Please!
You are lazy and a couch potato! I won’t have it! Go to school!
It’s weekend!!!
I don’t want to hear anything! Go get a shower, and then go to school!
He won’t listen to me… my parents suck.
This time, I agree with you.


Dustin was so upset (about nothing!) that he set the kitchen on fire. 


Uh…the stove is burning…help?
How about putting the fire out – did that come to your mind?
Are you crazy? I would kill myself!
Probably true. *sigh*


It’s getting biiiiiiiiiiiiiiigger! Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!


Superwoman to the rescue! The firefighter was too slow, and spent his time in the house standing in the way. Note how Dustin’s cell phone is ringing (in the left).


The kitchen is full of people panicking, and I swear I only know half of them. Who is the guy in the brown leather jacket? And the guy in the green pullover? Where did you come from??


Oh great, a fairy and some kid joined us. I feel like I’m in a circus.


That night, it was Brian’s birthday! The first one of the kids was about to age up into a teen *sniff* they are growing up so fast… I hope he’s sweet :)


Hello, handsome! I can work with that. You just secured yourself a seat in the “may be heir”-room, congratulations. 


The obligatory cake, with pieces as huge as Lynn’s head, was eaten in the half-burnt kitchen, because there had been no time to clean anything. I’m sure one of the kids would have done it otherwise.


How nice, Dustin is reading a bedtime story to his daughter. There are three things wrong with this picture: 1.) the green steam. 2.) I didn’t notice those two making up. 3.) If Dustin is reading it, Lynn won’t go to sleep afterwards. You don’t believe me? I’ll bet you!


Lalalala, can’t sleep…
What did I tell you?!
I don’t understand. This always happens to me.


While Lynn switched beds, like every night, Alfie decided that he would like to have some cake, as well. For once, I pressed the camera-button in the perfect moment.
Whew, that cake is huuuuuuuuuuuge! Well, I'll finish it somehow.*starts eating* Talk to you later!

3 comments:

  1. You're writing up a storm! Yay! This makes me so happy. Let this comment stand for both chapters. This one made me laugh so hard. You're doing a great job of giving your crazy crew personalities.

    I think teen Brian might be the new front-running. Alfie is cute, but I think he has a lot of Kate and not much of Dustin. Brian is more balanced. Plus, pink hair! And his teen version is cute. Ha!

    This chapter made me laugh so hard. You seem to have problems with random townies showing up in your house too. Ha!

    Is this on your new computer? Is it playing any better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm on a roll right now :D Of course, this has nothing to do with the ten-pages-paper on Modern Poetry that technically is due Friday...

      Yes, Brian is really cute with his pink and long hair (I admit, I'm a sucker for that). But don't decide too soon! Wait and see. I did, and I'm glad ;)

      Usually, I don't have random sims showing up in my house, or at least not very often. This fire was crazy, though. All of a sudden all those sims were screaming and panicking (not helping, of course). Recently, animals decided to check out my sims' houses - especially horses. That's always fun, until they decide they can't get out again.

      No, that is still my old computer, I have sooo many pictures waiting to be published... In fact, I haven't touched the Star-save since the end of June. So everything that you get to see now is still the old one. In contrary, I have been playing a lot with the Vocis', so we should hit the current pictures in a few chapters. (Not the most recent ones, though, because I had another day of "'No, I'm not going to save the game in-between, it will be fine...' *four hours later* 'aaaaaaah, crap, it crashed!'" -.- )

      Delete
  2. That was an impressive fire! I love that random people showed up to panic.

    I wonder why everyone is so cranky!

    ReplyDelete