Saturday, August 31, 2013

1.18 Changes


Do you think our parents will die before I’m all grown up?

I don’t know, Lynn. Dad IS quite old already.

Welcome to another day at the Star’s house – optimistic and bright, as always!

I was just asking him something, why do you care?!

I still have a feeling Lynn and I won’t be best buddies anytime soon.



She got along better with her mother, though. I’m glad :)



Alfie was adorable as always……. Nothing new to report there. At that point I stopped playing for a couple of weeks, and when I came back…



…Lynn really seemed to be on friendly terms with her parents! Fascinating!

We never eat healthy here, Dad. I don’t have to care any longer, but still. Promise me that you’ll eat healthier.

What’s that tone? Sounds like goodbye…jeez, don’t scare me like that.



Alright, I’m off to boarding school. Take care of each other and don’t forget that I’m still your child! *sniffles*

Wait, what? Oh, shit, that’s right – I sent you to boarding school months ago… Kate was wishing for it. Oops. Sorry, bye!!!



Well hello, gorgeous. What’s up with you, dressing all un-like a mother?

You never know how much time I have left here! This may be my last chance to present myself to the readers the way I want to be remembered!

All of you are scaring the crap out of me today.



Mood swings, thank God. Finally something reasonable.

No, that’s not it… I have to go to the prom tonight, and I don’t have a date. This is going to suck.

Maybe you will meet somebody? And even if you don’t, I bet you’ll have a blast – promise!



Really, you’re sure? I’d better go change then… I hope you’re right! *runs off*

Have fun, Brian! Wow, my oldest already gets to go to his prom…time flies by so fast :(



Hours later. So, Brian, how was it?

Shhh, be quiet! She’ll hear you and be scared.

Who, Miss “I like neon colors”?

No, of course not! Those trousers are awful! Don’t you see her, all beautiful in her casual and comfy clothes? Her eyes sparkle so beautifully when she laughs. Oh, her smile….the cutest I have ever seen!

:D See, I told you that you would have fun. What’s her name?

She…I…It’s…I didn’t really pay attention when she told me, I was lost in her eyes.

Awwwwww.



At home, everything was normal. Chaos, dirty dishes, spoilt food and Sims who didn’t care about all this.

Why would I? Dustin is on kitchen duty.

Ahahaha... we’ll see how that works out.



Later, we found Dustin reading a bedtime story to Alfie (spoiler: it didn’t work), totally having forgotten about the mess in the kitchen. I expected nothing else.



Apparently, somebody had thrown up after prom, right in front of the school. Although it was gross, everybody wanted to see the exact space where it had happened the next morning. Consequences were a lot of failed classes and bored teachers. That is, until they went to outside what all the fuzz was about.



Way too soon, it was time for Alfie’s birthday. How could my baby boy growing into a teen already?!



I want to have good grades in high school. I want a lot of free time to spend on exploring the world and all sorts of art. Most art stinks, by the way.
Huh, what? Never mind. Go ahead, Alfie *sniff*


*gasps*
Yeah, I love this outfit! It’s so rock’n’roll! Amhranai, what do you think?
*silence*
Amhranai? You there?
*tries to speak*
Amhranai???!
You…I… OMG, you’re awesome.
:D Does that mean you make me heir?
Maybe…


Teenager Alf then proceeded to evaluate all the art in the entire house. So that’s what you were talking about earlier.
Do you see these flowers? The composition of two beautiful flowers in a translucent vase is simply fascinating! Look at how they shine in the daylight.
….daylight?
I’m very delighted. Let’s move on to some pictures. 


I would post twenty pictures of him being delighted again and again, but I think at some point you’d just close your browser. Moving on. His first day at high school was pretty exciting, he already met some people who he would later even call “friends”. This girl, for example. I don’t remember her name, but you met her mother – she was the fairy in our kitchen last chapter, during the fire. Remember? If you don’t, go back and check. Yep, that’s her mom. She’s rather pretty, don’t you think?
Are you out of your mind? That woman’s OLD!
Duh, I was talking about the girl!
Oh. Yeah, she's kinda pretty.


And she seemed to like his as well. Although that color doesn’t really suit his outfit. But it’s the thought that counts. 


That very night, a strange-looking young lady walked through the door and threw herself on the couch. She looked oddly familiar, but I couldn’t quite figure out who she was. Then she turned on the TV, grabbed a coke, took a sip and pulled her face into a grumpy grimace. Now it was clear – welcome back, Lynn! I forgot you already age up in that school of yours. Now let’s do something about your hair, okay?
Yes please, the rhythm of peace and harmony does not yet flow through my body.
…huh?


Yes, that is better, thank you very much. Can’t you feel it? Love and peace are all around us now.
Again: huh? Oh, right, you were on that “love and peace” boarding school. That makes sense now. Welcome back!
Thank you. The spirits of gratefulness will be with you always.
Thanks, I guess?


Brian completely missed his sister coming back into the house, because he was busy entertaining the guest now. Be careful, your brother seemed to like her, too!
Shhh, look. Just look how she moves. The way she smiles when she is watching TV.
Haven’t I heard that somewhere before? Let’s move over to Alfie again. I proudly present: “Alfie disliking art”. It’s hilarious, so I won’t spoil it by commenting. Just look.


Awesome, isn’t it?


I get to make a wish again? Oh boy, that stresses me out. Well, I guess I want some new clothes for my new, avant-garde lifestyle. That’s about it. Oh, yeah, and a girlfriend would be nice. And sometimes I wish to be on my own, without my entire family around me.


Da fuq just happened?!


Author's notes: Tadaaa, I'm all caught up. -.- My game reallyreallyreally hates me, so this happened: all three were teenagers, I had saved and not played for some time in between. Now I started on my new computer, with Kate and Dustin being sent away on holiday (this opportunity where teenagers are supposed to throw wild parties). So I started and had two fun days with the three of them. Then the trouble began. Since Kate had CC for clothes and hairstyle, which I both had deleted and then not re-installed on my new laptop, she couldn't be brought back from the holiday. That resulted in her picture being on the sidebar, but nothing else. Dustin's picture decided to stay hidden altogether. 
I tried everything. Mastercontroller, resetsim, moving out, moving in (considering that you have to have a YA when you want to move). The last part was even more fun than the ones before, since I tried to move them in with a random family, while those family members were supposed to move out at the same time. Don't ask me how it happened, but suddenly I had two families, each consisting of the Stars and that other family. Kate was missing completely. Since all my old saves were taken through that vacation opportunity, I put Alf up in CAS after he aged into a YA, started a new game and moved him into Twinbrook. Which means Generation 2 has officially begun, without us ever knowing what happened to the other characters. I'm really sorry about that, but my game left me no choice. Brian and Lynn are also in CAS, as teenagers each, I might want to move them into the game at some point. But since Alf was my first choice as heir anyway, I will focus on him. 
So, welcome, Generation 2 and Alf Star, the current heir! Introduction will come in the next post. Again, sorry for skipping so much of a generation. I hope you will still stick with us! :) 

5 comments:

  1. Huh what?? That's awful! Did you try the .backup versions of your saves to see if you could retrieve Kate and Dustin?

    I am so, so sympathetic that you glitched so badly. I had no idea that CC could mess your character up so bad on vacation.

    Alf is adorable. I hope you can dredge up some copy of Kate and Dustin to at least re-link in as Alf's parents and kill of so that Alf's kids can have access to their genetics.

    After such an unpromising start, I thought Lynn came out all right.

    Also, what ARE Alf's traits? What was causing him to get so wrapped up in the art? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW: I really like Alf's appearance. I'm wondering if I ought to tap your Gen 2 to drop in my Wonderland game. Of course, if I get a female heir, then her mate is already decided, so I ought to wait.

      Delete
    2. I fell in love with him the minute I saw him ;) That's why I had to think really hard about the heir. I finally decided because of the traits, which you will get to know in the introduction chapter (that should be up sometime today!).

      I'll try that backup solution, but I'm not sure I still have the rest of the files on my old computer. Somehow I need the pink hair back :( Maybe I'll just have to design a few extraordinarily looking sims for the neighborghood, if I can't make it...

      And yay :D I would love to see him in your ISBI! I'll put him and the other two online today or tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. That's so awful about your glitches! Technical difficulties are so annoying.

    Alf was your favorite?! I had no idea... (/sarcasm)

    He really is quite interesting. I hope you can get the pink hair back into his line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can hide my feelings about my sims so well....!! :P

      Delete