Tuesday, November 5, 2013

2.6 Left, right, black, white...right, wrong?!


It wasn’t easy to make a decision about who I wanted to be with, since work got in the way all the time. I spent a lot of time outside the hospital, vaccinating people – I am happy to report that there haven’t been any more kissing incidents. 


Some women were very nice, though, and a few even gave me their phone numbers. They don’t know that there is a phonebook that gives me all the information I need. Anyway, it didn’t make it any easier to choose. There were nice women, and then there were two I really cared about.


Whenever I was around Ivy, I felt like I could be myself. She was fun, and we laughed a lot together. 


When we met after work, she often brought me flowers. I didn’t really know where to put them, and as soon as I found a place, they withered and died, but it was a nice gesture, wasn’t it?
Psst, Alfie, you are supposed to put them into a vase, with water.
And you have waited to tell me this until now because………?
….because I thought you would know?
Oh.


There was also Molly, who was on my mind a lot. I barely saw her at work anymore, because she had been transferred to another ward, but we talked on the phone sometimes. Two or three times she invited me to come to the park or other public places.


But when I got there, she never showed up. It was nice to sit there by myself, eating ice-cream and observing people, but it wasn’t the reason I went there in the first place. It sucked that she stood me up again and again. But still I went to every place she suggested, because I hoped she would show up one time. She never did. 


Ivy listened to me whining about Molly a couple of times, and one time she started shouting at me. She told me I was stupid. I don’t like people who tell me I am stupid.
Well, think about how she meant that. She didn’t mean you’re stupid as in not intelligent.
Well, what other meaning of stupid is there?
*sigh* Alfie, I don’t like to tell you this, but… you’re actually a little stupid.
Not you, too! Why won’t women tell me straight what they think? I hate women sometimes.


I had some time to think about what Ivy and Amhranai said, and I think I finally got it. So I went over to Molly’s place to tell her what I think. I’m not a woman, you see. I utter what I feel.


When I told her how much she hurt me, she pretended not to listen to me. It was like talking to a wall, as if she wasn’t there at all. There and then I knew it – she wasn’t the one for me.


Although a part of me (namely Amhranai, apparently) had known for some time, it hurt to give her up. I spent a lot of time at work, hidden on my ward, hoping I wouldn’t see her. In my free time, I tried to kill the pain somehow. Pretty women seemed to be the right way for that.
Pretty? I’m sorry, but…have you seen her face? And her hair style? *gulp* pleasepleaseplease don’t make him fall for her, pleasepleaseplease SimGod, if you are there, please…


But in the end, they never understood me. There was only one woman who did.
THANK GOD. *exhales loudly*


So now I knew how I felt. Great. I was just too much a coward to confess my feelings to any other sim, let alone HER. Instead, I spent even more time at work, and finally got the promotion I had been waiting for. Filled with something that seemed to be happiness (I had forgotten how it felt), I pulled myself together and decided to do it. It was now or never.


Maybe it was supposed to be “never”.

3 comments:

  1. Aww. Well, maybe Molly WAS a bit too old for a legacy spouse. She really treated our Alf badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I forgot to answer - sorry :(

      Molly seemed like a great sim in the beginning, but then she started playing with Alfie's heart. And we really didn't approve of that. (Besides, my game decided it didn't like her anymore, and made her invisible. It was like she was walking beneath the ground, and her thought bubbles were directly above the floor. I tried resetsim, but nothing worked)

      Delete
  2. Poor Alfie. He really doesn't have much luck with the ladies ... Hopefully Ivy will forgive him for trying to go back to Molly.

    ReplyDelete