Saturday, November 23, 2013

2.9 The Miracle Of Life


A few days later, I was already allowed to take my wife and our daughter, Willow Star, home. The labor had been dreadful, for me and for Ivy, and I was glad that was over. Now we had a beautiful baby who we wanted to take care of as much as possible. She probably was the most gorgeous baby girl I had ever seen, even though she had an intense stare. Like she is going to control our minds or something. But surely our daughter is not that insane – nobody could ever control my mind. That’s mine to control, and I alone will control it.
Can you say “paranoid”?


As soon as we put her into her beautiful crib for her first sleep at home, we decided it was time to do it. Right here, right now.
Do…what? I can just pray that you don’t mean “do it” like I understand it. You can’t! In front of your daughter? She is going to be scarred for life! Oo
Can you say “stupid thought”? I didn’t mean that, of course! No, it was time to get finally get married. Now that we were a real family.
Oh. Good. Oh, wait – awwwwwww! :)


Since it was late at night by now, we decided to get into the whole wedding night thing right away.
See? I knew it. I knew it! Stay away from the baby’s room!


I can’t help but notice that this was quick. :P
Well, good things come to those who don’t fuss around for hours. Anyway. Being married meant being happy to me. I had an amazing wife, and a beautiful daughter. It was hard to still focus on my job, because all I wanted to do was staying home with my family. But my boss told me that I had to come to work every day, unless I wanted to get fired. And that was not what I wanted.


Ivy took great care of Willow when I was not at home. Our little girl somehow managed to make a big mess out of her room every single day, even when she was only in her crib! Incredible. The things I could learn from her! The maximum of chaos with a minimum of effort. I think it’s safe to say that my daughter is pretty much a slob already.


To compensate my absence, I volunteered to keep the house clean every now and then. Well, every once in a while. Well, occasionally. Well, sometimes. Well, once, to be honest. But only because Ivy did it most of the time, and was pretty good at it! Every time I tried to clean something, I usually ended up breaking it. Or making a bigger mess than before. I am definitely related to my daughter.
You can’t escape the genes…


Ivy really was lovely with our little daughter. She played with her, cuddled her and assured her how much we both loved her whenever I was not around. Willow was the center of our attention, always. I tried to stop by the neonatal ward as soon as possible, comparing the babies to ours. Ours was the prettiest. Easily.


One night, when I got home from a long day at work, Ivy told me it was or daughter’s birthday the next week, and asked whether I had already thought of presents. I was in shock. Willow was growing up already? How could that happen? She had just been born!


 That night, I stood on her crib and cuddled her for at least an hour, while she slowly drifted to sleep. She was so warm and…small! There was no way she could be a toddler soon. I wanted her to stay as tiny as this forever, because this way I could protect her from all the bad in the world. Nobody was ever going to hurt my baby.


Too soon it was her actual birthday. I managed to convince Ivy that it should be me who blew out the candles with her, because I had spent less time with her so far. She reluctantly agreed, and so I stood there in front of our counter, blowing out the candles with Willow in my arm, helping a little, and thought of all the things that had been happening so far, realizing that this was the best life I could possibly lead. And even though I forgot to breathe in again, because I was so caught in emotions, 
which almost made me faint, this was one of the greatest days in my life.


Author's Notes: Welcome, Generation Three <3 I've decided to go for a randomized generation when it comes to the traits. And Willow rolled Slob and Insane. That is going to be fun later. :D
In addition, I've decided not to choose the TV series/movies that feature the new children's names alphabetically, because I am dying to use some names I would have to wait ages for.... Since it's not too long since I decided this, Gen 3 will still be named after a TV series/movie starting with B. Guesses, anybody?


4 comments:

  1. It's either Buffy or the movie Willow! I'm leaning towards Buffy though. It'll be awesome either way :)

    I think Alf and Ivy will have fun with their insane little slob! Little cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clearly can't read ... You actually said that it was a tv series beginning with B! Doh!

      Delete
    2. At least you found your mistake right away :D

      Delete
  2. Buffy Buffy Buffy! You're picking series for each letter in the alphabet. Ha!

    Xander is one of my favorite names. And it's hard to beat Willow :).

    ReplyDelete