Sunday, December 9, 2012

1.1 First day at work


Good Morning, everybody! This is going to be a lovely day. My alarm woke me up at 7 a.m., which gave me some time for a shower and a quick breakfast. Unfortunately I didn’t plan that free time very well, so I eventually had to hurry. 

“Didn’t plan very well”? Are you kidding me? You stood in front of the shower for at least 30 minutes. And you didn’t have any breakfast! 


Only because you didn’t let me have any! My stomach was growling and I couldn’t even think straight because of you. 

Lie. You weren’t hungry after your dinner in the restaurant the night before. Besides, you had to be on time! Or would you want to be late on your first day in the town hall? That would make a horrible impression! 

Well, it couldn’t possibly be worse than the outfit they handed me over. This shade of purple didn’t match my hair at all! 


Apparently this stray cat didn’t like Kate’s outfit either, since she started to destroy yesterday’s newspaper right after watching her leave for work. Just saying – EA’s clothing choice is not always great. 

Did you just agree with me? 

Yes, why? Don’t think this will never happen. It’s not like I want to argue with you all the time. 

Fascinating. Maybe you’re not such a big idiot after all.

 Gee, thanks. 


 So how was your first day at work? 

Well, it was fine. My boss, Tori Kimura, gave me a book to read, but I don’t think I really want to. The title sounded really boring – I could look it up, since I put it into the back pocket of my jeans, but I don’t want to. 

You probably had to fold it five times, too. There is no way that huge book fits into those tight pair of jeans. 

You know, actually it was six times… My boss didn’t tell me to give it back, so I figured I could keep it afterwards. 


Before going home, I decided to stop by the theatre and have some guitar lessons. It had been quite some time since I last played and I wanted to refresh my skills.

You didn’t have any guitar skill when you went there. 

Did too! 

Nope, sorry. 

Well… at least that explains my teacher’s face, like he was in pain or something. 


Hey, did you see that the summer festival was in town? In the park there were so many booths and activities I just had to try out! 

Yep, I saw it. Actually, it was me who sent you there. 

Really? Well, I somehow felt like being navigated there. Mhmmm, ice cream! Lemon is my favourite. Eeek, it’s sour! ….. 

I don’t even know what to say. 

So I finally managed to shut you up? Hooray! 

You know, I think you have too much furniture. How about we change that. Like now. 

Oops… want some ice cream? My treat! 

Nah, it’s fine. I’m freezing anyway. 


After finishing my ice cream, I went to meet some new people, starting with Thornton Wolff. He is a real hottie and seemed so nice when we started chatting! 


But as soon as I had stopped talking for the first time, the conversation was over. Thornton wasn’t interested in getting to know me at all, which sucked a little. Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned me wanting to have kids at some point in my second sentence. 


Since the evening got more and more boring, I decided to read the book for work in the park. It was still warm outside and I really wanted to get promoted soon. 

When you started this sentence, I was about to correct you, since it was ME who made you read that book. But you did want to get promoted, so maybe there was a hidden desire in you. Who knows. 


I don’t like the fact that you don’t really trust me and my motives. It actually hurts. I feel like being in physical pain. Ouch. 

Sure that’s not just your feet, because you were walking in heels the entire day? 

Could be… 


When I got home, it was still hot outside, so I decided to sleep in my swimwear tonight. Why choose a night gown anyway? That’s boring. Good night! 


Author's Notes: I think this will be really fun :) Playing Kate for the first two days has been really fun and I can't wait to play with her again. I also found out that blogging right after playing is a good thing, since this way I don't have like 2000000 pictures waiting for me. Right now, those 24-hour-chapters really work for me. Hopefully you enjoy them, too :)

9 comments:

  1. I like the chapter per day thing that you're doing! I've been considering that, but my ISBI is at 3 chapters for the first day alone so far... you'd think I was Susan!

    The interactions you and Kate have are cracking me up! Kate seems to have some very specific ideas about how her life should go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's really a detailed introduction ;) At some point I just want to get on with the story - today I played three days ahead, but didn't want to write three new chapters as well, considering that you guys hadn't even seen Day 2. I'll probably write another one tonight, though. :)

      Kate really has her own way of living. And apparently, I am constantly getting in the way. :D

      Delete
  2. I loved this chapter. You're really falling into a nice banter with Kate. Isa is also doing the one post per day thing, and it's working well for her.

    DragonWife: Bwahaha! I'd be defensive except you're right. I'm kind of hoping I can manage posts that cover a larger timeframe in the ISBI. Like an entire pregnancy and post in one post :).

    The TV series -- is it an old one? Or something that aired in the last few years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I love writing those conversations, too.

      The TV series is pretty old, it aired before I was even born... The last episode was on TV in 1990, which makes it more than twenty years old. It was produced in the USA and could be considered a science fiction/fantasy sitcom.

      And now I've almost said too much :D I should go and write another chapter right away!

      Delete
    2. Now I feel old. I graduated from high school in 1990! Then again, maybe it will give me an edge in figuring out what show you're talking about...

      (Also, Susan- I'm glad you took my comment above in the spirit in which it was intended!)

      Delete
    3. I guess it is a series I would have watched in that age. (Actually, I am watching right now again, on DVD, so... ;) )

      Delete
    4. OK, so I managed to not subscribe to the comments on this post, so I didn't know that Amhranai answered me.

      My guess is ALF: Alien Life Form. I thought of it immediately, but I didn't think that could be it because it's such an old show and you're so, um, young :). I hope I'm right!

      Delete
    5. BTW: I graduated high school in 1993, so I'm right there with you DragonWife.

      Delete
    6. And this answer is... *drumroll* correct, congratulations! :D
      I'm not sure whether I would have watched this series on free will, but my parents loved it when they were younger, we actually have an ALF here. He's sitting next to me at the moment. ;) Technically, I didn't have a choice, but had to like the series. By now I love it. :D

      Delete