Friday, December 21, 2012

1.4 Go and get him!


The next day didn’t start off so well. I overslept and had to hurry to work, resulting in not having any breakfast. As soon as I had arrived, some of my colleagues started laughing and giggling whenever they saw me, and when I looked in the mirror in the women’s bathroom, I had to see that I had put on my shirt the wrong way! This was so embarrassing. Why didn’t you tell me that??! 

What? Me? You didn’t… it was… what? Are you sure you didn’t dream that? Because I didn’t see anything being wrong. 

Yeah, because you don’t care about me. 

Heeey, that’s not true! And you know it! To be honest, I didn’t know you could put your clothes on the wrong way – isn’t this something limited to “regular” humans? 


I don’t know, apparently not. To make up for the horrible day, amhranai allowed me to throw a little party for some of the people I knew. Of course I invited Dustin Langerak! He came dressed in a light green jacket and looked sooo hot. It took me all of my courage, but I went to him and invited him to dance with me. He happily agreed and so we slow-danced to some weird tunes. 



Looking into his beautiful eyes, almost feeling his breath on my face and feeling his hand on my back almost made me faint. Our faces got closer and closer to each other when… 


…suddenly I felt like somebody was watching me. Hastily, we stopped dancing and I looked around. For a minute I thought it was Dustin’s wife, Iliana, standing right behind me, but it was only my boss Tori, who wanted to talk about some work related thing. I felt a little uncomfortable, her seeing me trying to bond with a married man, but fortunately she didn’t say anything, didn’t even raise an eyebrow. Still, Dustin and I didn’t get back to this romantic atmosphere we had before. Instead we talked for a few hours. 

There was only one moment that I never wanted to forget again. 

[note Jamie Jolina in the back, stepping on Thornton Wolff’s toes, lol] 

Hey, I’m in the middle of telling something! Would you mind being quiet for a minute? 

Sorry, I just had to laugh really hard when I saw this picture. Being quiet now. 

Anyway… we were talking and at some point he said something about not being happy with his wife any more. They had been together too long and he felt trapped in their relationship. I admit that this was a little selfish, but I instantly suggested breaking up with his wife. And believe it or not, he agreed! Suddenly, he was free again. Free for me. 


The next afternoon I went over to his place, because there was something else I wanted to ask him. The rain was pouring down my back and face, but I didn’t care. Undaunted by death due to a cold I ran all the way to his house, feeling my heart pounding against my chest. 

You took a cab. Just to make this clear. But yes, it was raining all the time and yes, you were wet. And yes, you refused to change into clothes more appropriate for the weather. 

But it was still summer! 

So? That doesn’t mean anything. 


Well, I liked the outfit. As soon as Dustin had opened the door and invited me in, his sister-in-law, Zelda, greeted me and started talking about random things, like vegetables and recipes. 


When Dustin gently told her to back off (since he obviously wanted to talk to me, too), she stepped towards him and starting flirting! Hello, inappropriate?! They were related by marriage, for God’s sake! Besides, he was mine. There was not much time for me to be mad at her, because Dustin’s older son Parker came over and started a conversation. I couldn’t help but think that he was interested in me, too. The looks he gave me and the way he accidentally touched my hand again and again made me feel a little uncomfortable, but at the same time I was flattered. Apparently, I was really hot! :) 

Kate, focus! You just wished to fall in love with Dustin, so go ahead! Don’t get distracted by his son! 


I don’t think it was meant to be… as soon as Kate had told Parker off, Leighton Mae, Zelda’s husband (!!!) appeared and felt the sudden need to brighten her day. So far, that’s sweet. I didn’t appreciate the way he flirted with her afterwards,though. Zelda didn’t, either. 

Hey, I can take it from here, thank you very much! So, Leighton was a really sweet guy. But I liked Dustin and I wanted him to be mine. So I gently got rid of Leighton and pulled Dustin into another corner of the room. 


There I told him that I really liked him and that I wanted him to move in with me. I knew this was fast, but there was no way I would let some other woman steal him from me. He was flattered and told me that he would love to, but that his new girlfriend River McIrish probably wouldn’t like that. Girlfriend? WHAT?? How could he have a new girlfriend already?! He must have seen the shock on my face, because he hastily explained that it was nothing serious and that he would end it right away. One phone call later we were back to the topic of him moving in, and he agreed. My man was coming home with me now. 


Why waste any more time? I helped him pack some of his things and then we drove home in a cab, to our place. Holding him in my arms was the best thing I could imagine. Except maybe one more thing. 


*distinct noises coming through the speakers* Awww, their first kiss! :) 


And not their last one, let me tell you. Instantly she wished to go steady with Dustin, which I highly appreciated of. So, of course, I let her ask him. This is so romantic *wipes eyes* 


This obviously yearned for some kind of celebration. We will gently leave them alone now. 

What a great day… I finally found the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. Good night, amhranai! 

Kate... did you just roll the wish to marry him? *gasp* 

Author's notes: So Kate has found her man! This made me so happy :) I have never played with Dustin Langerak (or any member of that family) before, so this should be exciting. Some brief information about him: 
His traits are Slob, Family-Orientated, Handy, Clumsy, Friendly.His LTW is to be surrounded by family (five kids.. *gasp*), but since his two children from his first marriage count, we only need three children. That I can handle.
His Favourites are Indie, Tri-Tip Steak and Blue.
Since holidays just began over here and I celebrated them by getting an influenzal infection (well done, amhranai...), I have some time to play and write new chapters before Christmas.  I'm sooo excited to see whether her children will have her hair...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Kate works fast! Though, apparently, so does everyone else. I can't believe he already had another girlfriend! And what's with everyone getting in their way?

    I've never really paid attention to Dustin, so it will be interesting to see what kind of husband/father he is.

    I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does! This new attraction system makes it a lot easier to get in touch with people your sim is interested in,especially since it tells you who he or she actually likes! The only annoying thing is that it's mostly married/engaged people... and that they keep asking for dates, even if the current sim is already in a relatinship. But apart from that it's fun :D
      When Kate went over to his house, I got the notification that Dustin and River were a great couple and that they belonged together, blah. I couldn't believe it and instantly wanted him to break up with her. Then this whole mass-conversation-thing started. Everyone wanted to talk to her at the same time, and as soon as I got rid of one person, the next came out of nowhere. Weird and a little annoying.

      And thanks!

      Delete
  2. Ha! I was wondering if she'd decide to accept Parker's affection instead. Kate was certainly the Star of the party. Ha! I crack myself up.

    I haven't dealt with anything but the little heart explosion and the "Attractive Company" moodlet so far. I love that part. It really does let your sim tell you who s/he wants to be with. When Charles went on vacation recently, a random male shop owner in China gave him the "Let's get to know each other better" popup. That was kind of weird. Charles is such a one-woman guy. Oh, yeah, and one of Hunter's cousins gave him the popup, which is kind of creepy. Heh.

    I'm definitely interested in seeing how life with a Langerak goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a minute I was thinking of pairing her up with Parker instead, because he was single at that time. ;) But she wanted to fall in love with Dustin, and kiss him as well, so she had to stay focused. Even if a hundred people wanted to talk to her instead of letting her get to Dustin..

      Technically this whole attraction thing is a great idea - the online dating is sweet, too! But when every second guy comes up to her and wants to date her, it gets a little annoying. Especially when she gets phone calls in the middle of the night from strangers (more or less) who are asking her on a date. Of course she doesn't get back to sleep afterwards. ;)

      Next chapter should be on today, I dragged myself out of bed and have to get a last-minute Christmas present today. It's winterwonderland outside, which is pretty, but the snow shovelling doesn't stop at all and the streets are hard (or better slippery) to drive on. Very annoying!

      Delete