Sunday, December 16, 2012

1.3 Falling for him


The last day before Leisure Day… I somehow felt the desperate need to be productive today, so that I could be lazy tomorrow without feeling guilty about it. Which is why I started my first novel, called “Politics for Beginners”! It’s a mixture between a guidebook and a satiric story about the everyday life in the town hall. Of course, I changed all the names to something completely different, and the physical descriptions are not at all close to the Sims they are based on. I have no desire of being kicked out for writing inappropriate things. Even if they are true. 


While I was at work, collecting more thoughts for my book, somebody broke into my house. He (or she) didn’t steal anything, but left some scratch marks on my wallpapers in the bathroom. Also, the bathtub looked different than before – a little hairy. Little orange and white strands of hair, or was it fur? Mysterious. 

Actually, you were quite right about the fur – some stray cat came into your house and randomly went towards to the bathroom. When I paused the game to follow her, she was gone. A little creepy. O_o 


Indeed, this is more than creepy. I kept thinking about this the entire afternoon, and to get my mind off things a little, and also because Leisure Day was coming up, I decided to get a tattoo at the local salon. It was difficult to choose one, because they all looked so pretty, but in the end I got a number of flowers on my left forearm. It looks fabulous! 


See? 


To celebrate, I went straight to the saloon that had just opened in town. Like I said, it was still new, which was why not many people were there. One of them was Dustin Langerak, who immediately started a conversation the minute he walked through that door. I had just been thinking about the next chapter of my novel, which is why I was terrified when he first approached me. Soon I realized that he was really interested in talking to me, which felt pretty good. Not only because he was an attractive man – although this is a fact you can’t deny. 


We talked for some while and he told me that he worked in the local school. What a great job teaching is! You can pass your wisdom on to young learners, who are eager to absorb anything you say. For some reason he started laughing when I said this, holding his belly and buckling while making some weird sounds that sounded like laughing when not being able to breathe any more. Apparently, my views of school were a little antiquated. Nevertheless, we got on pretty well and I felt that this could be the man for me. 

First of all, your optimistic speech about schools and teaching made me giggle, too. And yes, I considered him to be your man, too. If only he wasn’t married. You probably noticed that every time you started an attempt of flirting, he kindly rejected you? 

How could I not notice? That was so humiliating! Every single time I made a move towards him, he backed away. And that although he told me how pretty my eyes were at the beginning of our conversation! I mean, if he hadn’t talked to me like that, I would probably not even have noticed him at all, thinking about my novel and everything. How could he do this to me? How??? 

Hey, this is not my fault. Maybe you two should become friends really soon, then you can tell him to break up with his wife… 

Really, I can do that? But isn’t that terribly cruel and egoistic?

 Do you want that guy or not? Think carefully. His eyes and your hair on a newborn baby…. 

So, Dustin… what’s your favourite colour? And food? There is so much I want to know about you! 

Well, that’s not awkward at all… 


After Dustin had gone home to his wife and his lovely children (yuck!), I decided to get a drink. There was no harm in staying up late, since the next day, which I happily repeat every hour, was Leisure Day! No work to get to, no responsibilities or obligations. Just me, myself and the summer. Awesome. 


The next day I woke up having a little hangover, but it really wasn’t that bad. Maybe going out for a jog was the right thing to do! Quickly I put on my shorts and top, slipped into my jogging shoes and hurried towards the door. 


Change of plans, it was still freezing outside. Breakfast possibly was the better idea to start my day. Changing into my outdoor clothes that I bought for the autumn, but had to use already, I looked for something I could eat in the fridge. One disadvantage of living alone is that there are no other Sims preparing some food… but I could always resort to bread with some marmalade on it. Not the healthiest meal, but not that bad, either. 


When I looked outside an hour later, the sun was shining and the people walking by looked like they were hot. Now this was the weather I was talking about for Leisure Day! Maybe a new summer dress was in order!

 It’s fascinating how often you fall. Skating, opening your dresser… 

Hey, that’s not my fault! The dresser didn’t work properly. Don’t you dare laughing at me! 

*snorts with laughter* I would never do that. Seriously. No, really – I am not laughing at you, I…uh… just heard a funny joke, that’s all. 


Yeah, whatever. After I chose a new outfit, I ran straight over to the summer festival. Today was going to be busy! 


And one part of my plan was to improve my relationship with Dustin. Wasn’t he supposed to have the day off, too? I called him and invited him over to the park, which he happily agreed to. Squeeeee, our first date! 


When he arrived, he immediately told me about something his cute daughter Kaylynn did. Not that I particularly cared about this, but since I wanted him to trust me, I had to pay attention. 


Which is something he didn’t do the entire time. Fortunately. This meant one thing: water balloon fight! When he turned around for a second, I threw a water balloon at him, which I had prepared at home and carried with me in my hot pants. I am really glad it didn’t explode before, that would have looked pretty embarrassing. 


Like children we ran all over the place, throwing water balloons, laughing, screaming and shouting. This probably was the funniest day of my life so far and I really enjoyed it, especially with this man, who I more and more fell in love with. If only he wasn’t married! 

We ended our day with a dinner at the fanciest restaurant in town. Unfortunately, my beautiful dress had a stain on it, which is why I spontaneously put on my sportswear. Dustin looked puzzled for a minute, but then smiled broadly and said something about me being very special. Wasn’t that sweet? Maybe this thing between us really was going to work!

 I really hope so, too. 

Because you want to see the babies we’ll have, right? That’s the only reason. I feel so used. 

That was a stupid thought I never should have expressed – sorry about that. Of course, you being happy is much more important to me than some babies. Please believe me. 

Well, to be honest… I’d love to see those babies, too! No matter whose genes they inherit – they are going to be beautiful. *happy sigh* 

Yes, they are… *another happy sigh* 

Dustin, from the background: Uh, Kate…? I don’t know who you are talking to, and I don’t want to interrupt your conversation, but I’m kind of hungry. Could we get some food now? 

Oh, yes, sorry. *waves at me* See you later! 

Have fun! :) 


Author's Notes: So, Kate officially has her first love interest (although they are not involved yet). One of her wishes that popped up was "Fall in Love with Dustin", which was sooo cute. Unfortunately, he is married to Iliana Langerak, as you all know. Well...... ;)


Outtake:





Zelda Mae playing Darts. I had just paused the game and tried to find a new perspective for taking another picture of Kate, when I saw Zelda doing this. So funny :D

5 comments:

  1. Home-wrecker! ;p

    I love that Kate is going after a married man in such a deliberate manner. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, me? What an shocking insult! :P
      ...maybe a little.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Dustin Langerak! I didn't see that coming! Kate is a real little she-devil!

    Well, I've never seen him as a legacy spouse, so I'm curious to see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He never was important for me, either, but mostly because he is married. Married guys seldomly attract my attention when trying to find a spouse. But when they first met, they immediately felt the chemistry between them (no kidding, there's this thing with Seasons, where you get a moodlet and a notification saying something like "We should get to know each other much better, you seem to be really great!"), just mentioning this in case you didn't know that yet)and so I had no choice. Funnily, when I went over to his place one, his (aged) son AND his sister-in-law's husband fell for her as well.^^

      Delete
    2. Oh! I see what set Kate's sights on Dustin. I LOVE the new attraction system. It really makes mate-hunting so much more fun.

      All right then. Carry on. Maybe it was meant to be :).

      Delete