Saturday, December 8, 2012

1.0 Introduction: Meet Kate Star!


Well, hello there! I’m really glad to see you – it took my creator ages to take pictures, set up my house and get me started for the big adventure called life! 

Sorry, may I just interrupt you here? No, actually that was not a question. First of all, it did NOT take me ages, just a few hours. And this was because you wanted to look perfect for your pictures! I would have been ready after a couple of minutes, but you had to rearrange her hair dozens of times. And you didn’t like the skirt you first put on, either. 

Whatever. As you can see, it was worth waiting for me. I can tell you , the only normal person around here is me – apparently, I am surrounded by idiots! The first one being my lovely creator, who will NOT get anything for Christmas! And now let me tell my story, please. Once upon a time… 

Once upon a time? Seriously? This is not a fairytale, you know. Besides, indicating that you want to tell a story in this particular way suggests that your life is not real, that your story is not real. They are fictional, and you know it, which is why you deliberately make use of a known story pattern like “once upon a time”. 

….so do you. 

Huh,what?

 I dozed off somewhere in the middle of your second sentence, to be honest. I am not a child whose literary skills you can analyze. And nobody is interested in the stuff you’re talking about anyway. Ha. In your face. 

*deletes everything in the house except the cheapest bed and a fridge* Anything else you want to add to that? 


*stares* Heeey, I want my comfy bed back! And the stove, and the sofa, and the TV, and the vase with those beautiful pink flowers….

Only if you promise to stop being so mean to me. After all, I can decide what your life will be like, and I can make it hell. Believe me.

Alriiiight. Promise. By the way, didn’t you mean “stop to be so mean to me”? English is not your mother tongue, you know.

*deletes bed* No, I know exactly what I said and it was grammatically correct. Your version would indicate that you would stop doing something in order to start being mean to me. And this is not what I want. What do you know, anyway? Your mother tongue is Simlish, for crying out loud! You don’t even have proper sentence structures. 


Lalala, I can’t hear you! 

You know it’s true. So stop being a pain in the ass like this. Admit that you’re not omniscient and I will get your bed back. And possibly the stove. 

 And what if I don’t? 

*moves mouse over to fridge and clicks on it*

Okay, okay! You’re better than me, I am just a little Sim who possibly may not be completely real. Is that better?

*leaves fridge where it is* That’s what I’m talking about. Now let’s get your stuff back and get on with your story. Do you still want to tell it? …Kate? ...helloooo? 


Sure, as soon as I checked my looks in the mirror you just bought for the second time. I look gooooood. Okay, here we go. So, once…

 *clears throat vociferously* 


I wasn’t finished! Once in my life I wanted to feel like I was a part of something. So, as soon as I had moved into my new beautiful house in the middle of Sunset Valley, I went to the local town hall and applied for a job there. Politics seemed to be the right thing for me. Besides, working close to home left me lots of free time to work on my painting and guitar skills. The easel and guitar had been my two best friends ever since I had been a child and –

 I created you as an Young Adult! You have never been a child!

 EVER SINCE I WAS CREATED and I really wanted to be an expert in painting and playing my own songs. Mastering those two skills was what I wanted to achieve in life and if this meant having to find a job that was not too demanding, then I could live with that. 


Besides, jobs in politics were paid very well. Not that this was important for my decision. 

Hey, we all saw that thought bubble. 


ANYWAY. My first day in Sunset Valley was really exciting. After I visited the art gallery for some inspiration I could take out on my first own painting, I decided to get some dinner. Unfortunately it started to rain and so I had to run to the restaurant really quickly. Wasn’t it supposed to be summer? When I arrived at the restaurant, all tables were taken.Nobody was sitting outside, which is why I considered going there. But they told me they would only serve inside today. Stupid! 

After I had to wait forever to get a table, I rushed home. The next day was the first one at work, and I wanted to make a good impression. Looking gorgeous was one part of that. So good night, everyone! Sleep tig- 

*closes game for today* What, you weren't finished? Oh wells. 


Author's notes:
So, everybody, this is Kate Star! 
Her traits are Insane, Party Animal, Hopeless Romantic, Ambitious and Artistic. Her LTW, as you may have found out from the introduction, is to master the painting and guitar skills.
I know that the last name is not very creative, but since I struggled with combining two kinds of legacy (which is an idea I partly stole from Susan ;) ), I couldn't think of a proper last name first. But now I decided that I want to an ISBI-challenge mixed with a Character-acy, if that's a word. Every generation's names will come from a movie/series I like, those are ordered alphabetically. Generation zero and one (as I consider this one to be Generation zero) will be from... no, actually I am not going to tell you that. You can guess. :) Hint: It's a series, starting with A.
I hope you will like this challenge as much as you liked my old legacy! :)

7 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I love your founder! She looks great! I love the subtle fuschia tones in her hair. And her face is so striking. Did you find that face in the sim bin, or did you edit it yourself?

    Does she have a different hairstyle for every outfit? That would be great too, considering how often they change.

    I think Star is a great last name if you're doing a movie/TV naming theme. I haven't watched much TV since my daughter was born, so I'll probably suck at guessing. Feel free to give me lots of hints!

    I see you're trying out a totally different writing style from your last legacy, same as I am. That's what makes it fun to do something else. I laughed at the idea of the player threatening to delete things in the house to punish a smartass sim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, and you have to turn on the Captcha for this blog separately.

      Delete
    2. Right, captcha, sorry... I will try to find that again :D
      I found her in the bin and instantly decided that she was going to be my new torchholder. Basically I made some minor adjustments to eyes and nose, to make them even more unique. And it took ages to find a hairstyle that I really liked - especially considering the colour! I wanted to go for something I don't do every day. The imagination of new and unusual genetics made me try and try for at least half an hour. But now I'm more than happy with the result :)

      Hint number two as to the series: it includes (and revolves around) an alien life form.

      And thank you :)I really thought about the style of writing I wanted to use and realised that I didn't want to go back to where I left with Julia. This way seems fun and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Maybe I will change it at some point, but right now it's perfect.

      Delete
  2. Great introduction! Kate is lovely and I'm enjoying "listening" to the two of you discuss her life. That should get really interesting when there are non-controlled characters living there.

    I think I might need more than "Kate" to figure it out since I can think of a few shows that use that name... but I love that it's a mystery for us readers to solve.

    Also, Yay! New ISBI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even thought about the non-controlled sims much... that is going to be really tough. I am at the same time looking forward to it and being nervous about it. A little. :)

      The second hint comes up in my reply to Susan's post, but I will write it here as well: it includes (and revolves around) an alien life form. But that's all I'm saying. After all, you should figure it out after a few chapters and not know about it straight away. :)

      Delete
  3. Great Start. I love Kate's personality and voice and can't wait to see how this goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thank you :) Some of her traits are very common throughout my families, others (like party animal or insane) rarely appear. It's a nice combination of old and new for me.

      Delete