Sunday, December 23, 2012

1.6 Welcome!


The morning after I told Dustin about my pregnancy started with a loud scream, coming from the dining room. When I hurried there, to see what was wrong, Dustin smiled at me and said something about a fly wanting to bite him. But that he was fine now. 
It was terrible – she came straight for my nose and bit me! Probably the revenge for eating what she’d had her eye on. 
Maybe this tells you something about your eating habits? 
No, should it? And by the way, who are you? You interrupted some of our conversations before, and I even hear you giggle once in a while. Where did you come from and what are you doing in our lives? If necessary, I will defeat you! 
Whoa, slow down, Dustin. I’m not going to harm you, Kate or the unborn baby. Kate, could you explain to him where he is and what my role in this is? 
Sure, boss. Honey, you better sit. This could take a while.
I’ll continue telling the story in the meantime… 


Kate had some pretty exciting days at the autumnal festival. Harvesting pumpkins, shooting pictures in front of pumpkins or some hay, watching random animals run through the park, talking to a few strangers – she wasn’t bored at all. Every time she had a minute to herself, she gently touched her belly and smiled. It was nice to see how much she was looking forward to the baby! We still had no idea what it was going to be, but we didn’t want to know, either. Kate and Dustin were definitely ready to be parents. 


Until then Kate had every excuse to eat 


and eat and eat. After all, she was eating for two! 
Yes, I am. And look how well the ice cream fitted my hair! 


While she had fun outside, Dustin stayed at home to prepare things for school. He was still a supply teacher and had to be prepared for everything when he entered the building in the morning. One day it was chemistry in grade 8, the next music in grade 5. One day he was teaching history to some pupils who were close to their final exams, then explained the general structure of simlish to first-graders. It wasn’t very easy, but he had fun doing it. The unpredictability and the need to be spontaneous were two of the best things about this job. 


Since he was obviously busy with different things, I had to prepare all of our meals. Not that he ate them on time – usually they had to be steamy and develop some sort of mold before he would even look at them *sigh* But I wanted to eat healthy food, which is why I didn’t complain. 
Pancakes are healthy? 
Hello, they had apple jam on them! Apples are fruits! 
……………. 


My free time I dedicated to painting. Since I had only recently taken this hobby up (which was supposed to be a part of my destiny, my pictures weren’t that impressive. But not bad, either. I decided to hang this one up in the baby’s room, which was yet to come. Unfortunately we had kind of financial problems. Hey, wasn’t there some of kind of cheat, the one you told me about? 
Uh, yeah, but I’m only using that when I am playing a game without any rules. Not when it’s official. 
Crap. Oh well, my baby will have to sleep on the floor then. 
Don’t be so dramatic! That’s not even one of your traits! 


However, one of them was artistic, which meant that she was very creative. This showed in her first novel “Politics for Beginners”, which she had told you about earlier and which she finished shortly before she gave birth to little… no, still not telling. 


The day after, when she was working on her painting again, she surprisingly went into labor. 
Ouch, help!! This hurts so much! Can I go to the hospital, please? Maybe they can give me something. Or beat me till I faint, then I won’t feel the pain anymore… 
No, not going to happen. Sorry ^_^ But I really want to be there when your first child is born. *drumroll* And it’s a… 


It’s a…… 


It’s a… oh, come on! 
Sorry if I’m not acting according to your expectations! Ooooh, it’s happening! It’s happening, I feel it! It’s a……. 


BOY! We’ll name him Willie. 
Uh..no?! I’m not naming your child after your TV-husband. That’s just weird. We will name him Brian, that’s a beautiful name. 
Can we name the next one Willie? 
That’s NEVER going to happen! 


As soon as little Brian was born, we only focused on him. Our own needs didn’t really matter –although we didn’t completely ignore them –, but it was more important that he was fine. Dustin fed him, I changed his diapers and cuddled with him – our life was perfect. 


Except one little thing. Dustin and I were in an official relationship, but now that we were a family, this was no longer enough for me. So I took all of my courage and asked him to marry me. Before I spoil the pictures with my babbling, just look: 


(I love this picture, it’s so romantic!)
(Who just said that? Well, it doesn’t matter. Everybody probably thought the same thing.) 


But we weren’t over. Why only be engaged when we could get married right away and be a real family?! 


Happy End for now! :) 
Cheers, Kate. And Dustin. And Brian!

4 comments:

  1. Awww... a baby and a wedding in one chapter! So, if it was a girl, would the baby have been named Lynn? My memories are very vague.

    I love seeing all of the Seasons stuff. I can't wait to get that. (one day...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, a baby girl would have been named Lynn. Actually I was hoping for one, but of course a boy is fine, too. :)
      One day you'll sure have Seasons. Maybe sooner than later? After all, today is Christmas....! :)

      Delete
    2. I thought maybe we were moving to a different series now, but it looks like Brian is also from ALF.

      I guess Kate decided not to have a fancy wedding after all! I love the way you write Dustin. Having a family-oriented character on autonomy is useful now that you have a baby in the house.

      Playing with just starting funds is really hard! I guess I'm going to end up "cheating" in the game soon, because I want to move the Wonderlands to an apartment once we start adding family members. Apartments give you the common areas for free as far as I can tell. But I think you pay bills on everything on the lot at least.

      Delete
    3. I didn't get to be that creative when it comes to names in Kate's generation, since there was only her, so I am sticking with ALF for her children as well. After that, we will move on to something else. :)

      Every now and then I forget that Dustin is Family-orientated, but it definitely shows in his behaviour. It's the trait most showing, next to Slob. Very helpful!

      Managing a life with just a few sim-dollars is hard, but for one sim it's manageable. Dustin's moving in brought some money, but that soon was spent on the baby's room. Right now their bank account is almost empty, which comes not only from Kate being on maternity leave forever.

      I have never played in an apartmnet, so I don't know a lot about them. I'm excited to see them live in one :)

      Delete