Thursday, December 27, 2012

1.7 Will he have pink hair????


Being married wasn’t that different to being in a relationship, as far as I could tell. I still was the one to cook delicious meals (even if this one looks extraordinarily gray and disgusting), and I was still the one to eat them alone, because my beloved husband still chose to eat stale food and lick old dishes. At some point I started cleaning the dishes straight after I ate from them, preventing him from continuing to eat like this. Wasn’t this even dangerous for this health? After all, he could get some little splinters into his tongue, and then he would have to go to the hospital to get them out, and then I would be alone with our brand-new baby and I would fail everything. 
*checks traits again* Honey, you’re still not Dramatic. Where is that coming from??? You’re going to be fine. I’ve never had a Sim hurt himself this way. 
Kate, could you come to the bathroom for a minute? I think there’s something wrong with my tongue…  
You’re kidding me. 
See, I knew it! I’m coming, darling! *runs over to the bathroom* 

So, what happened? What was wrong? 
Uh, nothing. I just had started the shower and thought maybe she wanted to join me *wink wink* 
You DO realize that you have a newborn baby in the house that requires your full attention, yes? 
I do! In fact, I just ran over to take care of him. Oooh, look – he smiled at me! This must be the first time he smiled at all! Having kids is amazing. I want more of them. 
I can see that *locks wish in*

All that physical activity made me hungry. Oh, look! Kate left some plates for me. I should clean them. Yummy, pasta! 
There’s a plate full of fresh pasta right next to this stale one. Look, you can even see it on the pic…never mind. Enjoy your meal. 


While Dustin was being gross again, Kate went over to the autumn festival in order to have some fun. Competitions were her thing at the moment, and so she participated in this apple catching challenge. Unfortunately, she didn’t win. Geoffrey Landgraab had practiced grabbing them with their teeth for a couple of weeks, which is why nobody could steal the gold medal from him. Not even his son, who is right next to him. But since Kate was distracted most of the time anyway, it didn’t bother her long. Being married was about much more than being the best at everything. 


With this new insight she wasn’t even mad about not being invited to a costume party along with Dustin. He went over to his old house, which is where the party was being held, in a ridiculous astronaut costume, while she stayed at home and prepared lots of dinner for a party herself. 


Kate, didn’t you want to cook yourself? 
Have you seen the guest list? I don’t want to spend the entire day in my kitchen! 


Buying that buffet had been completely unnecessary, since each guest brought a plate of something. We had pasta, turkey, cookies and much more. 
If simfood didn’t get stale, they would be able to eat off those plates for at least a week, I swear! 


Dustin didn’t appreciate all the food when he got home from the boring costume party – this food definitely was too fresh! In addition, he was too busy with controlling his bladder to eat something. Bladder: 1. Dustin: 0. Sigh. -5 


The next morning, after he had showered, he decided to check on Brian once again. Even if he had disgusting eating habits – he was good at taking care of his child and behaved quite well in all other situations. 


Unlike other creatures. This cat, which is the same one that sneaked into Kate’s house on Day 2 or 3, decided to take her mood out on our newspaper. Thanks, we didn’t want to read that anyway.
Meow – you’re welcome :) 
That was sarcasm. 
What's a sarcasm? Are those related to mice? 
Er…. Not really. 


Kate and Dustin didn’t see the cat or the newspaper attack – they were too busy with themselves to realize much around them. Luckily this didn’t include their son Brian, who they still took care of conscientiously. 


See? Adorable. 
After all, he is my son and he has my genetics :) 
We don’t know that yet. I’m still hoping for pink hair and his birthday is pretty soon. Sooo excited! 


I don’t really know what to say, except “those two really love each other”… *skips at least 100 pictures*


While the weather outside had gotten colder and colder, Kate was looking forward to her first day back at work. Just to remind you: she worked in politics, but didn’t get very far, due to her pregnancy. Whenever she thought of that little office of hers and the nice colleagues, she had to smile. This was going to be really fun! 


To practice being around people again, I took my guitar out to the spa and played a few tunes there in broad daylight. It was sad to see that nobody really cared about me playing. Only one woman, who was dressed foolishly light, listened to every song and even applauded every now and then. The others just ignored me :(  
You’ll get better, honey! 


See, a few people are paying attention to you now! And do you see any disgusted faces? No, because you’re doing a great job! Unfortunately you can’t play for tips yet, but we’ll get there soon. 


Simis Bachelor was especially impressed by her play and congratulated her later. His insinuating smile scared me and her a little, but apart from that the conversation went fine. Until he said something about his wish to get together with her in private. He said this very loudly, which made everybody’s heads turn with disgust. This woman was married! 


…and pregnant as well! Congratulations, Kate! But why didn’t you have any kind of morning sickness? I didn’t know you were expecting… 
Well, you can’t know everything. I can’t wait to rush home and tell Dustin about this! Maybe I should leave the conversation with Simis out, though.


Before we could think about possible names for the unborn baby (although we already had one in case it was a girl!), it was Brian’s birthday! Time had passed by so quickly and now we had our little showdown. Would he have my beautiful hair? Or would it be Dustin’s rather..well…ordinary color? I couldn’t wait to blow out his candles! 


It’s safe to say that he got your hair color, Kate! Hooray! And even though he has Dustin’s eyes, I’m more than happy. This is a good ending for this chapter, don’t you think? 


No, we should show our house first! So far these guys have only seen parts of different rooms, but never the whole thing at once. So, On the left we have the foyer, dining room and kitchen. In the middle is our living room. Then comes our bedroom, the bathroom and Brian’s room at last. Not that big, but it’s enough for us. Well, this is it for today. 
Bye, folks! 

11 comments:

  1. You know, I got to the part where it was Brian's birthday and thought for sure that you were going to leave his hair color as a cliff hanger! I'm so glad that you didn't. The pink hair is adorable.

    Dustin is icky. It's so funny that he refuses to eat fresh food! I had no idea that slob sims would do that. At least he's a good father!

    Poor Kate will never get back to work at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about it for a moment, but then decided not to be so mean ;)

      Although Dustin behaves terribly when it comes to food, he really is a good father. I'm sooo glad about that, otherwise I would probably have re-considered Kate's husband choices. ;) Well, maybe not, but I sure would have regretted them. It's surprising that he didn't pee himself more often!

      Work? What is that? Oh right, that thing where she is out of the house for a few hours... yeah, that's not gonna happen anytime soon. :D

      Delete
  2. Argh! I tried to comment here three times, and the comment disappeared. I just now figured out that I changed my privacy settings on my browser in a way that prevented me from commenting on any Blogger sites. Go me.

    Brian's hair looks adorable! And I, for one, think that Slobs on autonomy are hysterical. I can't wait to actually have some idiots in my household. That's moving along at my usual speed, of course.

    If the kid is another boy, of course he should be named Alf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you know where your problems came from and were then able to solve them :D I would probably have de- and re-installed the browser or something like that. Which probably wouldn't have worked, either. :D

      I was thinking of keeping that one-post-a-day-speed, but I wanted somebody in the house SO BAD and then, after she found Dustin, I kept playing and playing, which is why I'm already two weeks behind again. Two days a post works just fine at the moment. But I like your way, too - it keeps things thrilling!

      Delete
    2. I totally get how much you want to get some actual idiots into the game! I finally have more than Allison in the house, and it's so much fun! I'm getting over my control freak pretty fast.

      Delete
    3. :D

      I'm just annoyed that I can never control a child or teenager, according to the rules. There are so many things my children want to do and I can't make them do it. Maybe I'll change the rules a little, so that teenagers become the new torchholders or something. I'm not sure yet.

      Delete
    4. I don't have a child or teenager yet, so I hadn't thought of that! I'd like to be able to send teenagers to prom at least. I'm playing with one controlled action per life state, so maybe I'll use the teen one to go to prom....

      Delete
  3. OMG, you haven't posted in five weeks! Please come back! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's sweet! Right now life is completely crazy, I have ten days to write my 30-pages-dissertation and am a little stressed. Fortunately the semester ended today, but I still have tons to do and probably won't be able to post for a little while. I plan (!) to get up real early tomorrow to get a legacy chapter out, as well as a few blog posts and stuff. But I don't know if that's going to work. If not - I will be back in ~ 2 weeks at the latest!

      Delete
    2. Yike! I read your Facebook posts, but the translator is awful. I knew there was something important going on!

      Don't lose any sleep! I will try to be patient. I hope the stress is over soon!

      Delete